Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FredP

Default Carr, Emma & Elizabeth - 2nd follow-up.

The children of Richard and Elizabeth Picken were -
    (1) Louisa Picken, chr 31 Dec 1820. I think she was mother of Louisa Butt aged 5, grandchild of Richard Picken in 1851 census, though she died as Louisa Picken Jun qtr 1846, and I have found no marriage.
    (2) Richard Picken b 1825. (3) Elizabeth Griffin Picken, chr 28 Dec 1826. (4)Ann Picken, b 1827.
    (5) Thomas William Picken Chr 20 Sep 1835. Chemist & Druggist. m Elizabeth Hannah Reynolds Dec qtr 1870 in Bridlington. She b 1837 Hunmanby, Yorks E R. He died Dec qtr 1919; she d Jun qtr 1920, both in Newport.
    Their 5 children were all b Newport -
    Elizabeth Reynolds Picken b Dec qtr 1872. She died unmarried Dec qtr 1958 Aled, Nth Wales.
    Charles Reynolds Picken b 1873, but regd Mar qtr 1874. Chemist & Druggist. died u/m?
    Thomas William Picken b Dec qtr 1874. m Elizabeth Carr Mar qtr 1913.
    Ernest Griffin Picken b and d Dec qtr 1875.
    Esther Annie Picken b Mar qtr 1877. m Richard Augustus Phillips 5 Jan 1911. He was b 1859 Co Tipperary and d Aled , Nth Wales Sep qtr 1936. She d Ruthin, Nth Wales Dec qtr 1965. They had 2 children -
    Richard Noel Phillips b 26 Nov 1911 Solihull. He died Aled, Nth Wales in 1942 or 43.
    Charles Ormonde Reynolds Phillips b 20 Aug 1913 Balsall Common, Warwickshire. He m Kathleen Florence Owen 7 Sep 1939 Gosport. He d 1 Nov 1996 Church Stretton, Salop.
    Hope I have set out all this clearly. Let me know if there are any further Picken queries. FredP.

NicolaPicken

Hi Fred, sorry have not logged on a for a while. Just read all of the above, and this rings true with what I have so far on my family tree! I'm still waiting on certificates, the Thomas Picken and Elizabeth Carr I have as my g-grand parents had Ronald Picken (born: 1914) and Hubert Picken (Born: 1918) not sure on any other children at the moment STILL waiting on certificates to be 100% sure. All of the other people ring true also. Hoping that i'm not following the wrong route though. Going on info that my g-grandfathers side were in Newport from info given from family.

FredP

Sorry Nicola, but I fear you have linked your family with the wrong Thomas William Picken.
    The Metallurgical Chemist living with his family at High Street, Newport in the 1911 Census married Grace M Dowling in Coventry in 1917. They subsequently lived at Balsall Common, Warwickshire. He died in 1959; she had died in 1950, and they had no children.
    This is confimed by their Wills, the Will of his brother Charles who continued to live at 121 High Street, Newport, the chemist's shop he ran in succession to their father, and by descendents of their sister Esther Annie Phillips.
    So it is doubtful if your family are so closely linked to the Thomas Picken & Esther Beresford as you first thought.
    If I find anything about your Thomas William Picken I will post it here.
    Best wishes, FredP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12