Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    -tmm-

I found one instance of a baptism with no parents shown - unfortunately I don't remember where or when or who this was, but it went along the lines of:

"John Unknown son of similarly unknown parents who left the church without paying."

British Viking

Wow! You're ALL amazing and thank you all for your sleuthing energies. Most of the information you all kindly provided I already knew but, anyway, here's my individual responses to you all....

Dargie: Edith Maude Moller was actually born 9th Dec 1885. Both parents were still alive then. Thanks

Nicola: Yes, already had that info, thanks except Axel was married 14th April 1889 to Elizabeth Long. The Isabella Watson you mentioned is not on the certificate. Can you re-check please?

Geoffers: At date of baptism she was 3 years old (born 9 Dec 1885)

Peter Goodey: who knows!

Janbooth: Thanks for info. The 7 Dec 1916 entry is not "mine"

Once again, a huge thanks to you all!

David

Nicolina

David, if you look at my post again, you will see that I wrote that Axel probably married Elizabeth LONG (Bessie on Census) because the other female on that page of the register was called Isabella and that doesn't fit with some-one called Bessie.
    (will let you off with the wrong name. It's actually my mother in law's but I promise not to tell her) LOL!!!!!!
    Nicolina (aka Elaine)

British Viking

Tmm: the vicar must have been flabbergasted at the non-payment - especially if he was left holding the baby when the parents fled!

Nicola: I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean...in the various documents I have of Axel's wife she's invariably called, Bessie or Elizabeth. I still can't see this Isabella Watson on the marriage certificate which I have here in front of me. Am I missing something? (need a trip to Specsavers?)

Nicolina

the Parish Register, at this time, normally has the details of two marriages on each page. In this instance the 4 names (taken from the GRO Index) were Elizabeth LONG, Isabella WATSON, Axel Hother MOLLER and William WARREN. Given these details you have then to work out the 2 couples (often using Census info.). This gives you Elizabeth marrying Axel and Isabella marrying William. Often it's not so easy to work out, because of similarity of Christian names.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12