Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    joboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    G'day Joe,

You can modify your message up to 10 minutes after posting. After that you have to post a correction to it in a new message, exactly as you have done.
    Thanks kerrywood ......... I shall try to keep that information in my 'mental forgetery' an hope it stays there ... I hate making obvious spelling errors.
    Joe

MarkJ

Quote Originally Posted by joboy View Post
    Thahk you..... I should have been more specific regarding the site .......... it really was addressed to this site 'britgen'.
    Joe
    Ah, well you can either use the Search function here - which is a bit limited in its ability to use all those little tips we have given, or you can use the power of the interwebby search engines to do a search for the B-G site.
    B-G, like most sites, is "spidered" by the main search engines such as Google, so you can use the advanced search methods mentioned for using Google, but specify that you only want hits from this site.

Of course, when only searching B-G, there is much less chance that a Name +genealogy or similar search will bring up what you are looking for. However, by only searching B-G, you are already reducing the number of hits you will get by using the name on its own.

MarkJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    G'day Joe,

You can modify your message up to 10 minutes after posting. After that you have to post a correction to it in a new message, exactly as you have done.
    Or of course, you can PM one of the Moderators who will be happy to edit your post

joboy

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    Or of course, you can PM one of the Moderators who will be happy to edit your post
    Thanks indeed MarkJ ....... very much appreciated.
    Joe

joboy

I have been 'fiddling' with the advanced ancestry search engine and must advise that the refining procedure is the best that I have come across so thank you all.
    Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12