nataliew

Default researching lloyds of london underwriters

Does anyone know if it's possible to find out more about those who were Lloyds' underwriters in the 1800s? I've just discovered a great-great aunt of mine who seems to have spent 30+ years in the service of the same family in Camden. They begin as doctors but her final master is listed as a Lloyds underwriter - Henry Rawlins aged 35 in 1881 census (no, found nothing by googling him!). I can't find a death record for her and wondered if a family biography might mention her as the faithful old nurse or something!

Brick wall demolition expert!

Is it Mary Ann Cannon? She still appears to be alive in 1891, recorded on the census as an 80 year old visitor in the home if Isabella Rawlins in Cookham, Berkshire (RG12/Piece 1004/Folio 93/ Page 16, census Crown copyright in care of TNA)

nataliew

Indeed it is! Thanks Adele, I'd missed that. I need to check but I think she's with Isabella that she nursed - aah! Interesting that she's a 'visitor' - she is too in 1881. I guess once she got too old to do all her duties, they just let her potter about.
    I'd still like to know about the Rawlins family though