Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    pottoka

Surely Isaac would be a bit young to be getting married in 1835 if he was born in about 1819?

On familysearch pilot, there is a non-conformist baptism of an Isaac Smith, born on 8th April 1816, on 1st May 1816, in the Independent Chapel, Belper and Heage. His parents were Thomas and Elizabeth.

Did any of his children have those first names? It's often a pointer in the right direction.

pottoka

What I should have said in my last post is that, although Belper may seem fairly distant from Ilkeston, I believe (but do not know for sure) that the Independants, like the Wesleyan Methodists, had circuits which covered large areas, with the preachers going to the people, unlike the C of E where there was a parish with a church.

You could try this site: https://www.belper-research.com/index.html
    I found the previously mentioned Isaac Smith's baptism on it (on home page, click on click here to search this site at the bottom of the page, then click on Records thumbnail; scroll down to Births & Baptisms, and open the Independent (Congregational Church) Word Document.

Since I last visited the site, a forum has been added where you could ask more precise questions to see if this is your Isaac.

eshersmith

I do not think this is my Isaac now, still stuck with a birth though. There is a Isaac at Belper who is on the Belper censuses, mine is on the Ilkeston ones from 1851 and Newthorpe , Nottinghamshire on the 1841 census

eshersmith

The age to get married now is 16. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it 14 for males and 11 for females ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12