Famous for offering help & advice

Default Death at Red Hill, burial at .....

Unusually for me I`m stumped on my own doorstep (almost).

Samuel LANE died 1896 Red Hill.
    His wife Mary died either 1906 or 1926 probably at Red Hill.

I have checked Arnold St Mary - nothing.
    I have searched Gedling Borough Cemetery online index - nothing.

Anyone aware of any other burial areas around Arnold/Redhill that I can hunt.

Thanks

Mitch

gasser

Although I am not aware of other burial areas around Arnold and Redhill so I cannot answer your question but I notice on free bmd that the two dates you have given for Mary are possibly 1906 or 1926 both registered at Basford.
    If this was me, I would get in touch with the registration office providing as much information as possible ie Mary's dob, last known address, known relatives, widow of Samuel etc together with the registration details of both Mary entries and let them confirm one or t'other. I have known registration offices to be most helpful when there is more than one possibilty.

btw happy birthday!!
    Last edited by gasser; 10-11-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks Gasser,

Something to consider - I was just expecting to find it out easily - just shows you never know what to expect!

Mitch

sheilastain

Hi Mitch

I would try Basford Cemetery. The records are kept at Notts Archives. It could be that they were buried in a family grave elsewhere. Where were they born?

Sheila

Hi Sheila,

The head of household is born & lives virtually all his life in Arnold/Redhill. The Bride is ex Riddings nr Alfreton but no strong link to the actual place.
    Basford is worth considering - I was just surprised not to find them in the Arnold area!
    Arnold would have been more interesting as I have half of Basford Cemetery in my tree already!!

Thanks

Mitch

sheilastain

Hi Mitch

Amongst my rellies, I have also noticed that they have been inclined to use a "new" cemetery in the area for burial. I'm not sure when Redhill opened but my local knowledge is that Arnold St Mary's is a very small burial ground. I suspect that if you find the husband, you'll find the wife at the same spot.

Sheila

Hi Sheila,

Redhill opened 1879 - that is why I was surprised they weren`t listed their.
    It could just be they are `missing` from the Gedling Borough Council website.
    One of my other relatives was buried in Gedling in 1937 but didn`t die until 1939 according to Gedling council. Now that is rather worrying!

Mitch