Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: James Donovan..

dalek39

Smile James Donovan..

I am looking for marriages of James Donovan..born around 1790..Ireland to Jane ? first child born..Mary Donovan..(22362) 1827 Ireland.
    Others born in England... I'm only after the Irish connections.....if possible...please....

Sarah (22363) 1829 Middlesex England.
    Joseph Bertram Azelby Donovan (22353) 1832. Bermondsey London...
    James (22364)1835 Middlesex England
    Alic..(23365) 1837 Middlesex England....

dalek39

James Donovan was listed as gentleman on his sons marriage certificate.. There is a James Donovan as Surgeon around 1871..is this him?
    He died 1849, and is buried at Westminster. England... His wife, Jane Donovan and children are on 1841 Census, without James....
    Sarah Janes father was Robert Sullivan, also gentleman..He was married to Frances Logsdell..mariage 7 oct.1827...any information on this family please...Dalek.39.

dalek39

I am having a bit of trouble locating Alic Donovan, is it a female or male? above post..Should it be Alice?.. Can't find anything after the 1841 census, and nothing that I can find on the death records...any help please.. Dale.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by dalek39 View Post
    I am having a bit of trouble locating Alic Donovan, is it a female or male? above post..Should it be Alice?.. Can't find anything after the 1841 census, and nothing that I can find on the death records...any help please.. Dale.
    Alic's age is written in the male column on the 1841 census.

dalek39

Thanks Adele...silly of me, should have known...Dale.

dalek39

Can someone help me please find what happened to Alic Donovan..born 1837 Middlesex London...I can't find him after the 1841 census, or in the death records.. His parents were James and Jane Donovan...Jane born in 1796 Ireland, place unknown, died in 1868 Pancras London, age 72...James father, died in 1849 and is buried at Westminster....dale.

dalek39

I have James Donovan with a number, possibly a reg. no. 22356 and marriage 22361...MRIN7564. is this any help at all....Dalek.

dalek39

I have found an Alexander Donovan..Ancestry 1861 census..of Framfield Park..with son Alex...On another site I found a James Donovan 84y..son Alex of Framfield Park..Sussex..Gentleman... On the marriage certificate of Joseph Donovan and Jane Sarah Sullivan, both parties fathers were Gentleman...Joseph was the son of James, and nephew of Alex.. can someone help me please sort this out...Dale.... are they the same family....

dalek39

I have a death date for James Donovan...14 Aug 1849..buried at Westminster...The only one I found was 10 Aug...age 38..??
    I looked at free BDM and dont quite understand how to work that, can someone help please...Dale.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by dalek39 View Post
    I have a death date for James Donovan...14 Aug 1849..buried at Westminster...The only one I found was 10 Aug...age 38..??
    I looked at free BDM and dont quite understand how to work that, can someone help please...Dale.
    Presumably you are looking for a death record that matches a burial on the 14 Aug 1849. On FreeBMD there are four James Donovan deaths around the London area in 1849.

Deaths Mar 1849
    Donovan James St Pancras 1 245
    Donovan James Shoreditch 2 329

Deaths Sep 1849
    Donovan James Westminster 1 488
    Donovan James Bermondsey 4 13

Since you are looking for a James Donovan who died on 14 Aug 1849 and was buried at Westminster, then the death I highlighted in red above is the likeliest match. The Sep quarter covers deaths registered over the period of July, August and September.

There are three burial records on Ancestry for 1849.

• The 1st death record above is a likely match for the James Donovan buried on 23 Mar 1849 at Gray´s Inn Road, Camden.
    • The 2nd death record is a likely match for the James Donovan buried on 21 Mar 1849 at Shoreditch St Leonard.
    • The 4th death record is a likely match for the James Donovan buried on 10 Aug 1849, age 38 at Bermondsey

I cannot see a burial record for a James Donovan in the Westminster area. However, many of the Westminster records are not on Ancestry.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast