Thread: Griffith (John)

KenKelly

Default Griffith (John)

Hello,

My ancestor, John Griffith, may have been born in PA, USA or the British Isles about 1800. One speculation as to possible parents, include: William and Margaret Shields Griffith. John Griffith moved to OH and was married 2x, the second time to Margaret Aul from VA. Her parents may have been John and Elizabeth Griffith Aul.

John and Margaret Aul Griffith's child: Thomas Wilson Griffith is my direct line. Would anyone know how to trace John Griffith, without knowing his parentage or where they were from in Wales, perhaps? Any help would, of course, be greatly appreciated. Please excuse my ignorance concerning British Isles research. Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Ken Kelly

Brick wall demolition expert!

If John Griffith b1800 survived to the 1850 US census, his place of birth should be recorded on that census. And on later census records, the enumeration of his children would record their father's place of birth.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Do you have any certificates for Thomas Wilson Griffith- birth/baptism record? Marriage certificate. I guess you have to start at the end and work back to the beginning if that makes sense.John griffith is unfortunately a very common name.