Marian Seawood and her five children were inmates at The Fulham Union Workhouse in 1877/1878. I have no connection to her and know little about her apart from this.
I presume she was in her thirties at the time and the records state their care at Fulham Union was chargeable to North Aylesford.

I became interested in Marian when I was looking at the Board of Guardians Minutes and correspondence of that time. I was hoping to find more information on my great grandmother and my family. My great grandmother apparently complained of ill treatment of herself and her child, however no documents remain except the occaisonal reference. At the same time Marian Seawood also complained and there was so much information on her, down to the ill fitting shoes that were supplied to her making it impossible to work! There is a lovely four page letter written either by her or on her behalf. How I would love this to have been my relative. However they were in the workhouse at the same time complaining about the same thing. The matron was hauled up on several occasions to give account but was always found innocent of any wrong doing.
I just wonder if any one has any suggestions how I might track family of Marian Seawood. I did not copy her records but could easily visit the LMA again.
Isn't it easy to get distracted?
ELMA