SamClark

Default Anyone living in Hove ?

Hello ... I'm Sam from across the pond, fairly new to this site ... Not sure if I'm putting this in the right place ?
    I am putting a little surprise book together for a girl friend ... I was wondering if there is anyone living in or near Hove that might be able to take a few photographs for me ...
    Her family is the "Phelps" family and I would like to get pictures of the residences they occupied for the book ... The addresses are ...
    #18 Connaught Terrace
    # 71 Blatchington Road ... (This is now a hairdresser shop, not sure if this is a new building?)
    and # 9 Brooker Street

Thank you ... Sam

Jan1954

Hello Sam,

All three properties are still standing and may be viewed on Google Maps Street View. It is possible to print off the picture from that site as well.

Although 71 Blatchington Road is a hairdresser's, it seems to be the original building as the upstairs matches those on either side, and the latter will give you an idea of what the house originally looked like.

Geoffers

See Jan's reply above, also........

There are not photographs of the specific addresses you give, but there are some old photos of Hove available via the English Heritage Viewfinder

https://
    viewfinder.english-heritage.org.uk/search/basic.aspx

Under where just type in 'Hive' as a place name and 'East Sussex' as the county.

If your family lived in the area they would know many of the locations for which there are photographs.

Modern photos of the area may also be found on the Geograph site - click here.