billious

Default Looking for Lyte Family BMD Information

Hello all,

I am interested in BMD info for a Lyte family that was born on the Channel Islands and are in the 1841 St Helier Census:

Thomas Owen Lyte b.c1808 St Clements
    his wife Madeline b. c 1805 St Helier
    children:
    Thomas Owen b. c1828
    Alfred b. c1829
    Edric b. c1833
    Louisa b. c1835
    Maria b. c1839

Primarily interested in who were the parents of Thomas Owen snr.

Cheers
    Bill Brown

Stewart Hill

Hi Bill

I have most of the answers you asked for. There are small changes in the spelling of names and I have typed them "as is".

Madelain Ereaut was baptised 5th Aug 1803 at St Helier Church, the daughter of David Ereaut and Jeanne Sorel. They were also listed as god-parents.

Thomas Lyte was baptised at St Helier Church 14th Oct 1827, the son of Thomas Orphan Lyte and Magdelen Ereaux. Thomas was a god-father and the other god-parent was Jane Sorel.

Alfred Lyte was baptised at St Helier Church, 5th Oct 1828, the son of Thomas Orphan Lyte and Magdelen Ereaut. God-parents were Thomas and Anne Eraut.

Louisa Lyte was baptised at St Helier Church, 3rd Oct 1832, the daughter of Thomas Orphan Lyte and Magdelen Ereaut. God-parent was Marguuerite Bourinot.

Maria Lyte was baptised at St Helier Church 22nd Mar 1835, the daughter of Thomas Orphan Lyte and Magdelen Ereaut. James Gibbs and Elizabeth Eraut were god-paremnts.

I could find no record for Edric.

Mr Thomas Lyte from "Angleterre" married Magdelaine Eraut from St Helier at St Helier church, 28th Oct 1826. There were no other details.

Stewart

billious

Hi Stewart,

Thanks so very much! Greetings from Australia by the way...

Cheers
    Bill