DaveinInskip

Default Ormskirk Burials

Hello Scribes,
    Can anyone help with thoughts on this burial entry

Martha Lawson died in chidbirth,reg no 5589,in the margin is the note "Twin children buried with mother in one coffin", the questions are,as Martha,Wilfed and Lily are in the same coffin can this be one entry in the d/base,with explanation in the notes,or,3 seperate enties in the d/base using the same reg no.3 times.

I look forward to your replies,
    bye for now
    Dave in Inskip

pottoka

You don't give a date for these deaths, which makes it rather difficult to help you.

If the data base you're talking about is the BMD registers, then normally there should be a birth and death entry for each twin, thus a certificate, presuming that they were registered, and a death certificate for the mother. Before 1837, all you will find is the entry in the Parish Register, but there should also be a record of the baptism of the babies, even if it was done privately.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

All Deaths in June 1/4 of 1902 at Ormskirk are 8b 568 . Lily, Wilfred & Martha.
    You can see Wilfreds is in italics because it doesn't ring true as a Page no. for Ormskirk for that time.
    Click on the specs on FreeBMD page & see the scan for yourself. You may wish to leave a correction or postem for Wilfreds entry.
    ps, it's very easy when typing away to hit the keys next to the ones you should be hitting. been there done it!

pps. rereading your query, you are asking about BURIAL data. Sorry, no experience with such.
    Last edited by Waitabit; 06-10-2010 at 5:32 AM. Reason: addon ps & pps.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Mike Fry

Quote Originally Posted by DaveinInskip View Post
    Hello Scribes,
    Can anyone help with thoughts on this burial entry

Martha Lawson died in chidbirth,reg no 5589,in the margin is the note "Twin children buried with mother in one coffin", the questions are,as Martha,Wilfed and Lily are in the same coffin can this be one entry in the d/base,with explanation in the notes,or,3 seperate enties in the d/base using the same reg no.3 times.
    To try and answer the question you posed...

The single entry records the burial of three people. Therefore: three entries.

DaveinInskip

Mike,many thanks for your reply,I'll go with the 3 entries,just didn't know if it was ok to use the same reg no 3 times.

Waitabit,thanks for your input,it never passed my mind to look at FreeBMD,i'll have a go.

pottoka,thanks to you also,and apologies,I should have mentioned 1902.

Its back to the keys now,and the entries,so we will consider this one closed,thanks again

bye for now
    Dave in Inskip

pottoka

Not a problem, Dave; I'm glad you found someone else to answer your question. What a sad query to have to post, but somehow comforting that the babies and their mother weren't separated in death.