matchstix

Default Who was my Gt.Gt.Gt.Gt. Grandfather (Player)

Hi there again from S.A.

Well from my original post I have through sheer luck gone back to 1675 to more of my Gt Grandfathers. Unbelieveable!! but I just cannot stop there!!!

Pse is there anyone out there who is maybe bored at the moment!! and could maybe look back further than what I now have. Have a few possibles but cannot look into further details until I can save to pay for looking. Here is what I have on the male Grandfather line from where I came to a halt at George Player b. abt 1805 Frampton Cotterell, Gloucestershire

Simon Player b.abt 1675 Winterbourne, gloucestershire

Richard Player b.abt 1704

Edward Player b 26.03.1741 Wintebourne

William Player b.abt 1765

then George Player my Gt x 3 born abot 1805 Frampton Cotterell

I came across 2 identical entries for Edward 26.03.1741 married to susan long 11.10.1763

the other entry being Edward Player born 1643 in Winterbourne, gloucestershire both on Winterbourne family history site and also entries on Mormons site and Bristol and Avon Family history.

So I was hopeing that I may have found my Gt x 6 or is it 7 (Edward b.abt 1643) as he could well be SIMON'S father but on records Edward is stated as being married to Susan Long in 1763 and 1663.

Someone told me to maybe ignore the mormons records as they are usually submitted entries and to go my Winterbourne records but winterbourne has same thing. I have probably got confused by now as have been trying to put two and two together but cannot think of a feasable answer.

Please could anyone help out here as stumbled at the last few hurdles!! and dont like to be beaten!! and would love to get the facts right prior to Simon especially but if Edward 26.03.1741 isnt correct, then who is my Gt Grandfather x5 ?? Am I confused or what!! Many tks to all Carol Harris (nee Player)

I have a better list that a distant relative has sent with more detail if you require when I fathom out how to attach it is needed tks

Hi
    I found Edward and Susan not the same date not sure if any use to you
    10 Oct 1663
    Edward Player, Henbury, Glos., farmer, and Susan Long, Winterbourne, Glos.: Bdm. John Rugg, St. Michael, blacksmith: at Winterbourne. (71)
    ALSO.
    13 Nov 1687 William Player, Bristol, mariner, and Sarah Harris, St. Augustine: Bdm. John Nonney, Bristol, sailor: at Clifton. (195)
    01 Jul 1697 Simon Player, Hambrook, Glos., and Judith Pratwin, Winterbourne, Glos., W.: Bdm. Edward Goodyard, Bristol, sexton of cathedral: at Stoke Gifford or Mangotsfield. (92)

PEANUT

hI
    There are some early wills on the National Archives web site for Players in Glos. you can view these wills online for a small fee

PEANUT

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Earlier threads on this Family can be found here:
    +here
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Mutley

It is not a good idea to have more than one thread on the same family so to avoid duplication of effort by the members I will close this thread. Should anyone be able to help matchstix please reply on her newer thread.
    Intelligent brains required pse!