Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jen51

Default Birth record for Thomas Ramsay

Trying to find a birth and marriage record for Thomas Ramsay. He was born abt 1812 in Rothbany and married a lady with the first name Jane, she was born in Hartburn. They had their first child Mary in 1845 in Belamy.

Any help would be appreciated

Jen

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Jen, are these places in Northumberland?
    I could only find a marriage there at St.Andrew, Newcastle on Tyne to a Jane Todd.
    15 th May 1836.
    An earlier one 1833, Thomas Sissoon Ramsay to Jane Houlden Atkinson 22 May 1833 Kingston on Hull. York.

Didn't find the birth of Mary on Pilotsearch but there were several births for a Thomas Ramsa/ey. One b. 7th Feb. 1812 bap. 1 Mar. 1812, had Parents John & Alice. batch no. P00429-2 All Saints, Newcastle on Tyne.
    Another with Father.."Thomas".

Thomas Ramsay 5th Nov. 1809 ...Rothbury, Northumberland. Father Robert Mother Eleanor Jamieson.
    All on Pilot Search. batch no. P01524-1
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Nicolina

How certain are you that Thomas married some-one called Jane? Could Jane be a second wife?
    the 1851 Census, HO107/2418/38 Page 16, has Thomas born Rothbury (sic) born about 1812 married to Magdalen born abt. 1813 in Belsay (sic). He was a Joiner & Inn Keeper Employing 3 Men and they had a son, William, born about 1847 in Meldon, Northumberland. Their address is given as Meldon Park Corner.

There is a marriage between Thomas RAMSAY and Magdalen TREWICK at St Andrew's, Newcastle in 1838.There is also a death for Magdalen RAMSAY in September 1853, Castle Ward District Vol. 10b Page 263

jen51

Default Thomas Ramsay

I started with grandfather Thomas Ramsay born 1888 occupation working in fathers business and he was married to Alice Henderson. In the 1911 census it shows Thomas and Alice along with his parents Thomas born 1855 Whalton Northumberland occupation Tailor and wife Mary born 1857 Seaton Shire married 1879 along with grandfather Thomas's son Robert born 1913 Morpeth. Great grandfather's sister Isabella born 1853

the 1901 census shows Thomas born 1855 Whalton occupation Tailor with wife Mary, daughter Jane, Son John born 1889 and Sister Isabella born 1852.

the 1861 census for Parish of Whalton shows Thomas 1812, born Rothbany, wife Jane born 1822, born Hartburn, daughter Mary born 1845, William born 1848, Isabella born 1853, Thomas born 1855.

I see what you mean about maybe this is his second wife and all the searches I have done on the first born children I have not been able to find a mother with the name of Jane.

Sorry if I am confusing you

Jen

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Pilot search again :

william 5th June 1847 at Meldon x Pts Thomas & Magdalen.
    Isabella 19 Sept. at Meldon x THOMAS & MAGDALEN.
    THOMAS 21 mar. 1855 at WHALTON x pts. Thomas & JANE
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

jen51

Thank you for that. I will look into these names further.

Jenny

Nicolina

there is also a Magdalen TREWICK RAMSAY born and died September quarter 1878 Rothbury District.
    Birth - Vol 10b Page 407
    Death - Vol 10b Page 238

with the middle name of Trewick she should fit in somewhere.

jen51

Default Thomas Ramsay

Nicolina
    Thank you for that name I will definitely research it.

Jen

jen51

Default Birth record for Thomas Ramsay

Trying to find a birth record for Thomas Ramsay born about 1812 in Rothbury. I have a copy of his 1st marriage to Magdalen Trewick in 1838 . On the certificate where it states age it just says of age and it lists his fathers name as William Ramsay but I have so far been unable to find his birth. His residence at time of marriage is Belsay.

Jenny

Jan1954

Hello Jenny,

The IGI has christenings that have been extracted from the parish registers, one of which is that of Thomas RAMSAY to parents William RAMSAY and Isabella HOGGART, on 1st May 1808, with him having been born on 4th March.

I know that 1808 is a couple of years or so earlier than you state, but it might be worth considering. If you order the film from a Mormon family history centre near you, you would be able to see if there are any further clues. Batch No: P015241 refers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast