Malsbury

Default Malsbury family of Northampton/Warwickshire

Anybody out there in Northamptonshire know of Jonas Malsbury born in Whitfield 1782, we are looking for his parents and siblings.

Would be glad of any help with this.

Pat

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Pilotsearch has the Christening of a Jonas Malsbury in Turweston, Buckinghamshire 10 Feb. 1783. Parents John & Mary batch no.I05003-2

too far out?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Familysearch IGI has 2 member submitted marriages for a Jonas Malusbury / Malsbury :
    to Hannah Marriott 0n 20 Aug. 1806 Litchfield Northampton.

to Hanna ? about 1820 Heyford Northampton.

Pilotsearch has the christening of a Joseph Malsbury 20 Oct. 1822 Litchborough, Parents Jonas & Ann Malsbury
    batch no. I05022-6

Three christenings 1899 - 1907 to Jonas & Elizabeth / Lizzie...Kettering & Oundle
    Happy Families
    Wendy

janbooth

To confirm what Wendy has already found for you. From Northamptonshire Marriage Index 1700-1837:

29 August 1806 at Litchborough Jonas MALSBURY, of the parish, bachelor, married Hannah MARRIOTT, of the parish, spinster.

There are 2 other earlier marriages for a Jonas MALSBURY which might prove relevant to you, one on 9 August 1724 at Moreton Pinkney to an Elizabeth BOURNE, of the parish and the other on 26 October 1732 at Catesby to an Ann MACE of Hellidon, Jonas being described as of Moreton Pinkney.

From the Marriage Index 1837-60:

10 October 1838 at Northamton St Sepulchre Thomas MALSBURY, of Litchborough, bachelor, full age, Labourer, father Jonas, Labourer married Sarah Ann HILL, of the parish (Scarletwell St), spinster, full age, father Henry, Labourer

Janet

janbooth

Default MALSBURY family

Looking for a possible marriage of Jonas's parents, given the baptism that Wendy found for you, Turweston being next door to Whitfield, there is a marriage on 15 October 1772 at Weedon Lois (again pretty close to Whitfield & Turweston) of a John MALSBURY of Sulgrave, bachelor, to a Mary MALSBURY, of the parish, spinster, by licence. Perhaps one to bear in mind?

Janet

Malsbury

Well what can I say? I am speechless! So much information to keep me busy! Thank you all so much from Scott and myself.
    I didn't know of Pilot search! I still can't find my way around this site. Hehe! I log in and haven't a clue where to go next. Still I just follow the thread in my emails from you. Terrific.

Kind regards

You're doing fine Pat.

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ating-Brit-Gen

Have a browse here to get an idea of what's where & how to do it.
    The 'Stickies'in particular are very helpful.
    Happy Families
    Wendy

Growing old Disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    Pilotsearch has the Christening of a Jonas Malsbury in Turweston, Buckinghamshire 10 Feb. 1783. Parents John & Mary batch no.I05003-2

too far out?
    Hi Pat
    I think this is the one for you, Turweston is on the border of Northanptonshire / Buckinghamshire but is just across the fields from Whitfield as we say here in Brackley. On a good day when its not raining you can walk there if you know where to go LOL.
    Regards Sandy

Malsbury

I hope this will get to you all.

A very big thank you to all of you who helped Scott and myself find Scott his family and its history. We have had immense pleasure doing this and the young man has found cousins he didn't know he had.

Many thanks to you all. Good luck with everything.

Pat and Scott

janbooth

That is wonderful news and thank you for letting us know the result. I hope Scott manages to meet up with his new found cousins.

Janet