Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Jellylegs
    You were spot on.
    Bertha Bye is mine. She is recorded on the certificate as Bertha Bye but has the correct Christian names for her parents and the correct maiden name for her mother. Although her mother does not record her first married surname as sometimes they do. I never understand these things but I got the certificate from the GRO not the local office, so I do not know if there was just a mistake.
    Thank you. I am very pleased with what I know about this great grandmother and she has not been that easy for me.
    ELMA

Knowledgeable and helpful Jellylegs's Avatar

Hi Elma

Glad it was the right one - it can get a bit expensive sending for certificates that turn out to be wrong. Luckily for me, I have only done it once - still searching for the death of my GG Grandma - will have to have another look for her on the indexes.

I think that the local offices copied their registers and sent them to the GRO, so there may have been an error in the info that was sent to the GRO. Obtaining a copy from the Local Register Office may sort that out, but as you are happy that it is the correct certificate, why spend more money?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12