Loves to help with queries

Default AA Command in Norfolk in 1940

In August 1940 the 2/6th Battalion (The Essex Regiment) 65th Searchlight Regiment, which was part of the Royal Artillery’s 41st Anti-Aircraft Brigade, which was in turn part of 2nd Division of No.2 Corps of Anti Aircraft Command. (Blimey! I think I've got that pedigree right!). That same month they were deployed across East Anglia. But, no sooner was this achieved than the Regiment moved to Lincolnshire.

2/6th had three Searchlight Batteries - numbers 444, 445 and 446. Does anyone have any information concerning the locations in Norfolk where 446 may have been deployed at this time please? The regimental history doesn't say and I've been waiting for weeks now for "AA Command" by Colin Dobinson to become available in my local library - if they can get hold of a copy that is - in the hope that it may contain some relevant details.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Paul

Geoffers

Any useful information in the war diary for the unit - 446 S.L Bty

Loves to help with queries

Thank you Geoffers - there may well be - and I may have to travel to Kew unless someone has already got that information to hand.
    In the meanwhile if anyone is looking for a more general history of Royal Artillery searchlight units during the war they may wish to look at:

https://www.
    docstoc.com/docs/33794418/Searchlights-of-the-Royal-Artillery

This is the transcript of a paper delivered to the Royal Artillery Historical Society by Mr Keith Brigstock on January 17, 2007. It contains a lot of useful information.

Paul
    Last edited by Jan1954; 12-08-2010 at 6:03 PM. Reason: url edited - they have items for sale