Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very quick off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    I take it you're not thinking of this evening's news bulletins?
    Do tell.

Not all of us get UK news bulletins.

Regards,

maggie

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post

and all the other happy smilies.
    Thank you for the info, Kerrywood. Having that info online is going to be a real bonus for me as to date I've not had the time to go will-searching.
    Pam

Terrif stuff Kerrywood! I haven't had a chance to check anything lately but it's almost time for me to get back on track. Thank you

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    Quite apart from the probate aspect, the Calendar handily provides dates and places of death which may be missing from our FH records because we never quite got around to ordering that death certificate, did we?
    Very useful for those pesky ancestors who died overseas. Thanks for telling us about this new resource. I've found 2 overseas deaths already, saving me the expense of an FMP subscription (second full genealogy subscription is definitely not in my hobby budget) + the cost of the certificate.

Treehugger

Thanks Kerrywood - this is so useful to those of us abroad and as others as mentioned cost-effective too!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Thanks Kerrywood, somewhere I haven't been yet.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Knowledgeable and helpful

I found it by accident last night and had 10 in less than half an hour - I was able to correct a death date where I had confused two chaps with the same name - so now I can get the correct certificate, and the extra details of addresses is really useful. Even turned up a little puzzle - why did gt-gt-gran leave her only £18 to an unknown teacher - now I just have to investigate who he was

Quote Originally Posted by lesleys View Post
    why did gt-gt-gran leave her only £18 to an unknown teacher - now I just have to investigate who he was
    As this is just the Probate Index, wouldn't the "unknown teacher" be the executor? You'd surely need the will itself to know if he was a beneficiary.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Reputation beyond repute

I'm currently subscriptionless so haven't looked at them but are they new scans or just scans from the microfilm/fiche?

Reputation beyond repute

are they new scans or just scans from the microfilm/fiche?
    Lucky Ancestry put in the winning bid for my valued custom so I can see for myself now! They are obviously not scans of the calendars at High Holborn because the London folio numbers are missing.

Reputation beyond repute

Amazing! The first online record I checked explains why I couldn't find any reference in the calendars when I checked manually.

The man died in 1896 and administration was granted in 1924! Some people just don't believe in rushing into things!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast