Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    soundranger

Bertie,
    Thanks for your comments.

Just wiating for the holidays to finish and will then visit Kew and Eastney.

John

Bertie

You don't say where he died, but as he is not in Clayhall I imagine he died at home (i.e. NOT At the Naval Hospital in Haslar). Most likely burial was at Ann's Hill Cemetery, Gosport. The local Council office will help, especially if you say you are out of the area and will be visiting shortly - their e mail address: [email protected] direct phone no. 02392545387 they will be able to tell you if there is a headstone and who else is in the grave. You might get the information for free if you are lucky! I see you are in gosport: the Discovery Centre has a set of burial records for Ann's Hill Road (1855-1953)

If you've not been to Kew before you might find it a bit fruitless unless you have some more information to go on - otherwise, their search facility there is just the same as what is available online so you might not get any further forward.

soundranger

Bertie,

Again, thank you. Am waiting for Gosport to get back to me with a plot ref. Although, the cemetery for the 1850's is very hit and miss. Very overgrown, and mismanaged, with many of the headstones broken and illegible. Have many other 'family' buried there, and alas, have found myself relieving many of the headstones of their ivy etc! And, yes, George did die at home.

Didn't realise Gosport Museum held microfiche of burial records. Will view.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi John

I got my Royal Marine info on my ggggrandfather from 1839 oneard from TNA but if you were hoping for parents my records only gave his place date of birth no family until his marriage and his marriage didnt give any info.

sandie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123