Default Introducing me and the Lindridge family!

Hi everyone,

I've 'lingered' here for a while, and thought it high time I said hello. I do also have a couple of questions, I'll save those for later.

I've been researching the Lindridge family for around 10 years, and made relatively good progress. But I tend to get easily sidetracked, as I expect a lot of people do, and my tree is going out much further sideways, than it is up!

The Lindridge family are originally from Kent, but since the mid 19th century have been gradually spreading themselves wider, and there are now quite a few in the North East, too.

I have transcribed the 1861 Tenterden Census, and I have some Parish Registers on disc (Tenterden, High Halden, Maidstone, amongst several others), so would be happy to do look-ups for anyone researching in those areas.

I look forward to getting to know you....

maidofkent

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Good morning MaidofKent, lingering can be good as you pick up lots of useful tidbits. Now you might like to pick the boards appropriate for you & place your queries so the Members can see if they can help you. Perhaps your tree can get an upward lift. Enjoy!
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Valued member of Brit-Gen.

Hi Maid of Kent

Welcome to Brit-Gen, posting is much more fun than lingering - so hope you enjoy success at getting your tree to climb. How kind to offer help with your Kent records, I am sure you will soon have some enquiries there.

Lesley

Mutley

Hello Maid of Kent and welcome to the forum.

As I have family in Kent I am sure I will see you around.

Good Luck.

I would also like to say that I think it is OK to pass on information you have personally transcribed but do check out the 'copyright' section of any Parish Register CDs that you have and check that look ups are allowed. Many are not, please be aware.

Thank you everyone,

for your warm welcomes.

Mutley, thank you for your tip - I've looked at the CDs, and none has a copyright comment, so I'm guessing it will be ok to pass information from them?

I look forward to speaking to you on the appropriate boards.

maidofkent

ebonyuk72

This is an old thread but I'm new and doing a search so am butting in so to speak. My Grandmothers maiden name was Lindridge so I'm doing A LOT of research on them. My Grandmother ended up living and dying in Hastings, Sussex, but my Lindridges go back to my now home town of Maidstone in Kent. Any information on them would be gratefully received, thank you

Hello ebony,

I apologise for the delay in replying to your post - I've just seen it today.

I have quite a lot of information on the lindridge family. If you let me know who your grandmother was I may be able to give you more information.

Regards

ebonyuk72

Hi Maidofkent

My Grandmother was Lillian Dorothea Lindridge, she was born in Hastings 8 June 1915 and died in Hastings 16 June 1985. She married George Thomas Neve in 1939. My G Grandfather was Edwin Frederick Lindridge 1880-1962 and Nellie Harriet (nee White) 1881-1922, again both born and died in Hastings. I know Edwin Frederick was a Dairyman and Pig Breeder, and I have a few other bits and pieces but not a lot else. Thanks in advance xxx