Thread: Adoption info?

British Viking

Default Adoption info?

I am shortly going to apply for access to adoption papers in Copenhagen. Now, I'm not asking for assistance here with that. I'm assuming that the adoption procedures in Denmark and the UK are fairly similiar which would be a guideline for me and an indication (of sorts) of what to expect in Copenhagen (yes, it'll all be in Danish! Plus you have to apply a week in advance, be there in person and unable to view online). And, oh, there's a 75 year after the event limitation.

What I really want to know is, with the UK version, once access to the appropriate papers has been achieved, what sort of information would you hope to glean? Would it be something like name of the adoptee? Name and address of the "real" parents? Name and address of the "new" parents? Age of adoptee? Any other info?

Thanks

BV

British Viking

Does anybody know please as I've never seen such papers?

kaysii

Sorry, I have no idea, but I would ask the question in a Danish genealogy forum.
    Google something like Danish genealogy with domain dk and you should get a few to browse and decide where might be good to post.
    Best wishes

Kaysii