Loves to help with queries

Default CMP - 195 Provost Company (Ports).

Does anyone have any information concerning the deployment of 195 Provost Company (Ports) in NW Europe between October 1944 and the end of 1946 please?

There's nothing much mentioned in G.D.Sheffield's history of the Redcaps about specific Ports Companies, nor in Mike Chappell's book about the Military Police in the Ospey series. It seems that there is little detail on them available in print.

I have not tried looking for "war diaries" yet, as I am hoping someone may have information that they would be willing to share. Anything at all will be appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

Have a google for the Corps of Military Police, which is a database for them. It lists over 6000 members of the corps, not just those who died. You could to contact them direct for information as well.

Loves to help with queries

Thanks Neil - done that. The problem is that on this occasion I'm not looking for a single soldier but for the location(s) of the specific company. The CMP/RMP museum appears to be more concerned with the development of the Corps over time rather than the nitty-gritty day to day deployments in the final stages of the war. I suspect it'll have to be the War Diaries but Kew is a bit of a hike from here. I have in the very recent past paid for a researcher to get some stuff for me concerning my grandfather's unit (WW1 diaries) - he took my money and then went to earth! Not contact - not a thing. I paid via Pay-Pal but waited too long to get my money back - the penalty of being too patient I suppose. So I'm a bit reluctant to pay someone else. Hence my original "begging letter" to the Forum this time.

Thanks again

Regards,

Paul