MickG

Default BMD certificates for CHANNEL ISLANDS

Hi,
    Please can somebody tell me what the procedure for ordering certificates from the Channel Islands is? I have some ancestors, WARREN & CARTER family who lived there.

TIA,

MickG

Jan1954

Hello Mick,

Have a look at the Channel Islands page of GENUKI and follow the links therein for the specific islands.

MickG

Hi Jan,

Thanks, I have been on that site in the past, but I don't know if the info is upto date (it says last updated 2001).
    I will telephone them on the number given and check.
    I was hoping someone may have gone through the process recently.

Thanks,

MickG

Occasionally, just very occasionally, needs an umbrella!

Hi MickG
    It is some years since I applied for Jersey birth and marriage certificates, but the information on the link Jan gave seems to be up-to-date!
    I simply wrote to the Registrar with all the information I had and they found the certificates! They even told me that they had noticed other births in the Register to the same parents!
    From memory, Jersey certificates are more expensive, but there is slightly more information, although without getting one out, I cannot remember what extra is there. I found the Jersey office very helpful; why not write and see what happens.
    Barbara

Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass - it is learning to dance in the rain

MickG

Hi Barbara,
    I will try that then. My mum, sister, niece and families live there in St. Helier, but we are lucky cos we live in sunny Derby! I don't think they would be able to do it for me, else I would have asked them.

Thanks,

MickG

Stewart Hill

Hi

You need to know the index references before ordering as they will charge to do the lookup. Even then, a certificate costs £20.

Stewart

MickG

Hi Stewart,
    Thanks for the info, have noted it all.

MickG