LDSUTTON

Default Kirkby Liverpool Research

Having found a living person how can i contact her if there is no telephone number? We have tried the electoral roll. Any other sugestions than writing a letter.
    Would appreciate some input. (frustrated LDSUTON):

Denmau

do not send mail
    Last edited by Denmau; 20-10-2014 at 3:02 AM. Reason: decided not to contact

silverday

Do you know if this person has any other relatives ? Or has someone in the same area got the same name. I "mislaid" an elderly Aunt once and I did write to the occupiers of her house, aplogising for intruding on their lives. truth is, they never got back to me. I would write and ask if they are the right person and you would like to make contact. However also say if they prefer to ignore your letter, you quite understand and respect that. politeness is the key.

Nicolina

whatever you do, be prepared for disappointment. Not everyone is interested in digging up dead people.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Um, this is weird.

For some reason no reply was given when the original post in this thread was made in 2010.

Denmau, a new forum member, then posts an enigmatic reply (amended from he/she originally wrote) which frankly doesn't make sense.

And now everyone is suddenly replying to the original post.

Think this is the most relevant smilie -

Pam

silverday

You are absolutely right Pam. In my case, I didnt look at when it was first posted. it looked to me as if it was one of todays posts !
    Made me feel quite senile ! Dear oh dear 4 years you say ? Whoa!

Denmau

Hello to all, sorry to cause a "flurry" !...

I was looking for someone, the surname came up, then the link to the original post on here....I am not into genealogy at all...but was so intrigued that I registered - thought mmmm should I reply, did so and then decided Nope! don't want to go there...Hope this explains what happened....On the crafting forums I belong to, when we amend a message, we can actually delete the whole thing without leaving a trace of our original mail/thoughts..I did not realise my enigmatic "do not send mail" would actually show.

Hope this quick reply solves a little mystery...Apologies for any upset or confusion caused...

denmaur

silverday

Hey. no problem, nothing like a diversion now and then. Cheers.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Denmau,

As Silverday has already said, no problem. Another (non-genealogical) forum I belong to has a similar set-up to your crafty one whereby I can delete messages posted in error.

The good news is that if ever you (or any of your fellow crafters) decide you'd like to get into genealogy then you know where to come.

Pam

carolfitz

Hi, I only live a stones throw away from KIrkby, Liverpool, so if you have the address, I could take a message there for you. carolfitz