jaimievernon

Default A Vernon in the house

Wanted to say hello to the fine folks here. Been doing active family research for about a year now. I live in Toronto, Canada but am only fourth generation. My entire family hails from the United Kingdom originally: The Vernons and Spencers from Derbyshire, the Barkers from Nottinghamshire, the Booths from Yorkshire, the Bells & Boyds and Winter clans from Ireland. There is one great grandparent whose lineage is untraceable because she was adopted (though we think she too was Irish).

Hoping to learn a lot here and possibly fill in some of the older details I need to one day complete the family tree!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Helo Jaimievernon, & welcome. What a lovely mix you have, in keeping with many members here.
    This link is a good place to start & find the appropriate board for you queries.

This one will give you helpful tips on postiing. Please do read the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) here

Enjoy your new addiction.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Egeria

Dear Member, I have just seen your post about THE VERNONs of Derbyshire/ Their ancestral home is Haddon Hall, Over Haddon, Bakewell, Derbyshire. They are well documented in the middle ages in England. They were landed GENTRY and they married into other landed GENTRY families in Derbyshire, VIZ, The Barlows of Barlow Hall, Barlow; The Hardwicks of Hardwick Hall; The Cockaynes of Ashbourne; The Clays of Derby; The Pypes of Lichfield; The Greys of Codnor Castle, Derby. etc etc. I suggest that you look at Family Search.org for bmds in Derbyshire from 1538. British History on-line. Hope this is useful.

Egeria

Hatshepsut

Hi Jaimie...welcome to the site. The members here are always happy to help.

jaimievernon

Default Vernon-In-The House

Quote Originally Posted by Egeria View Post
    Dear Member, I have just seen your post about THE VERNONs of Derbyshire/ Their ancestral home is Haddon Hall, Over Haddon, Bakewell, Derbyshire. They are well documented in the middle ages in England. They were landed GENTRY and they married into other landed GENTRY families in Derbyshire, VIZ, The Barlows of Barlow Hall, Barlow; The Hardwicks of Hardwick Hall; The Cockaynes of Ashbourne; The Clays of Derby; The Pypes of Lichfield; The Greys of Codnor Castle, Derby. etc etc. I suggest that you look at Family Search.org for bmds in Derbyshire from 1538. British History on-line. Hope this is useful.

Egeria
    Egeria,
    Thank you so much for the additional information. I will investigate this lead!
    Have a happy Christmas season.

Egeria

Dear Hatsheptsut

I have had the privilege of visiting your Mortuary Temple at Luxor. I also have a gold cartouche pendant bearing your name.

I am glad to be of help to all members, where I am able.

Resources to examine for English noble and landed gentry families are: The Doomsday Book 1086 - compiled for King William 1st of England, THE Conqueror. Pipe rolls of the medieval periods. Land possession DEEDs. Manor Court Rolls. I.E., the manor of Pattingham in Staffordshire. The Visitations of each of the counties by the Royal College of Heralds to interrogate the owners of the land and record their family pedigrees.

Best wishes

EGERIA

Hatshepsut

Hi EGERIA My mortuary temple is one of the most beautiful in the great land of Egypt. Shukran.

Adnepos_Iacobi

Hi Jaimie
    Do you have names/dates/places for your 4th generation-back Vernons?