Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Required.

Nigel 1804

I have been in touch with my aunt to let her know of the findings for Jack, and with some interrogation (gentle persuation) i have managed to get a small amount of information which has led to many findings.
    It seems Jack brought a lot of shame on the family, he was jailed for bigamy,and from that day on ,he was disowned by both his brothers and was never allowed back to the family house, apparently called "Don Juan" in the newspaper.
    Jack had gone to London and at some time married bigimously, living in the Luton area, they had a daughter called Merle, who many years later contacted my aunt asking for information about her father as her mother would never talk to her about him.
    It was only after her mothers death that an aunt told her about her father.

From this information i have found the birth of Merle,
    Merle R Guy, Parents Guy/Brown, registered Kettering dec 1930,
    Marriage of Jack V C Guy to Florence W R Brown, registered Wellingbro sept 1929.

She recalls Jack being married to an Emma.
    John Guy married Emma Tomlinson, registered Auckland mar 1937,
    Finally her last recollection of him was being married to a crippled lady, (name unknown), who set him up in buisness as a watchmaker in Spennymoor Co Durham.

If a person is convicted of bigamy, is the marriage automatically annulled ?
    is there anywhere i could search for the court records ?

Tramman

I'm looking at our family tree and I'm coming up with same dead ends other folk when they come to a bigamist marriage.

Do the bigamist records ever get recorded if so where, when a bigamist is found out do they destroy the records of the void marriage.

The name thats causing me problems is Mr. Major Albert Chiles 1st wife unknown.

He bigamistly married a Ellen Jones formly Pearce buried in name of Harrison from Birmingham the spouse I cannot find any details under any of the for names.

She had children 3 Daughters and 1 Son all taking the name Chiles.

Can anybody tell me where I might find more information about this lady

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12