dreward

Default Coroners Inquest Report 1903

Does anyone know if a coroners inquest report for April 1903 in West Bridgford would have survived any purge and if so where could I make contact about it.

My gr.grandfather shot my gr.grandmother and then killed himself. This received more than enough column inches, nearly a whole page, in the Nottingham Daily Express and Evening News of the day, copies of which I have, purporting to be a report of the full inquest. But I am wondering whether any official documents would still be available.

Any clues/advice/addresses gratefully received.

Dave

Reputation beyond repute

It's fairly unlikely that any coroner's papers have survived but you would have to ask Nottinghamshire Archives. If you do locate them I doubt whether they will add anything to the newspaper reports that you have. I'm not too sure what you mean by "report".

https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/archives

malcolm99

I understand what you mean Dave; the people at Nottingham Archives will as well. Just send your enquiry, as Peter says, to [email protected] and I'm sure they'll be more than helpful.

malcolm99

dreward

Many thanks to to both. I have in the meantime sent up a form and we'll see whether any documents are still held.

Dave