Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    matchstix

Hi Anjali

Many tks for the info on free research. There are a couple there that I havnt looked at. I have so much info that I have found over the past year and when I come into money!! I must get the experts to verify all!! It is so interesting researching, so much so that I recently had a email and apparently there was a huge amount of money in Chancery!! for a member of my family surname but that was in 1979!! I couldnt resist dropping Chancery Office a line!! just in case. Tk you again. Carol in South Africa

matchstix

To Pathase

Hi, Carol here from South Africa. Re Benjamin Angel Player etc. Could you send me your email address so that I could email you with what I have from BAFHS

Tks My email is cabri.harris at gmail dot com

matchstix

Hello from South Africa again. Since Dec. I just havnt had time to respond more re our Benjamin Angel Player etc. and now we could be in the middle of moving house!! so will be even more hectic so while I have a chance please could you email to me your tree and I could then check it with mine then I could send you all I have on my side. There has to be a connection, dont you think? Just wish I had more time like I did last year as hate not to be hot on the trail of my ancesters! Do you live around the area of Bristol, Frampton Cotterell, Winterbourne etc where they all came from. Hope that you have time to reply. I have lots of info that I obtained from the Winterbourne Family History website but wish I could pay to really find more details. Hope things getting warmer in England now!! Here we have more rain in the last 4 weeks than we have had in 4 years!! just like England at the moment! but I really love rain after 30yrs here!! Regards Carol Harris (nee Player) Always will be a Player!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

You can, if you wish to, contact pathase directly.

Just click their user name (in blue, on the left of their message), and then select Send Private Message.

janbooth

Carol,

I can't find the baptism of Eli Clough PLAYER on my Notts FHS Baptismal Index, but there are the baptisms of two of his siblings:

29 June 1884 at Wollaton Priscilla PLAYER daughter of Eli & Ellen Georgina PLAYER, Groom
    Born 5 April, bap 2 May 1886 at Nottingham St James Allen John Clough PLAYER son of Eli & Ellen Georgina PLAYER|, 2 Cottage Terrace, Coachman

According to the 1891 census of Sidmouth, Devon (RG12/1673, folio 48, page 29), Eli Clough PLAYER was born in Marylebone, London. I can't find his baptism, but there does appear to be the baptism of another sibling (via Ancestry's London Parish Registers):

Born 3 July 1895, bap 2 February 1896 at Christ Church Lancaster Gate George William PLAYER son of Eli & Helen Georgina, 40 Lancaster Mews, Coachman

There is a baptism on Family Search Beta for Eli Clough PLAYER on 12 February 1888 at Long Eaton, Derbyshire parents Eli & Ellen Georgina - my your family get around a bit don't they!

Again on Family Search Beta is a baptism for Eli PLAYER on 9 December 1855 at Winterbourne, Gloucestershire parents John & Priscilla PLAYER, which given that Eli snr named his daughter Priscilla seems quite likely although the 1861 census of Winterbourne shows John as a 34 year old Railway Labourer married to an Ann. However, the GRO Index shows a marriage for a John PLAYER in the September qtr 1851 at Clifton reg district (includes the parish of Winterbourne) and one of the other names on the page is that of a Priscilla MABY, but there is a subsequent death registration for a Priscilla PLAYER in the December qtr 1859 at Clifton reg district. There is a subsequent marriage of a John PLAYER in the June qtr 1861 at Clifton to an Ann HALE which may be relevant to you.

Another generation back (Family Search Beta again) is the baptism of a John PLAYER on 30 July 1826 at Winterbourne, parents George & Anne. Census records shown George to have been born c1804 at either Winterbourne or Frampton Cotterell.

If you do not have a local Family History Centre near you, Bristol & Avon FHS publish CDs of Winterbourne baptisms etc. but you do need to check the parish registers to confirm the details shown on Family Search Beta website.

Janet

Mutley

It is not a good idea to have more than one thread on the same family so to avoid duplication of effort by the members I will close this thread. Should anyone be able to help matchstix please reply on her newer thread.
    Intelligent brains required pse!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123