Knowledgeable and helpful

Default George Clarke of Tuxford

I am searching for information on the marriage between George Clarke and Jane. I have them on the 1891 census and the record says she was born in Heage, Derbyshire. I have not been able to find their marriage on family search. I am wondering if there is any further information on earlier censuses. Her maiden name might have been Talbot. What I really need is their marriage to find out if her maiden name was Talbot. If anyone could help with these searches I would be grateful.
    Thanks
    Jen

Jan1954

Hello Jen,

Did they have any children? If so, the birth certificate for one of them should provide you with Jane's maiden name and thus make finding the marriage that bit easier.

Thomasin

There was a marriage of George Clark and Jane Clark, March quarter 1855, Belper 7b 520. Also on the page are Mary Hall and John Haynes.

Thomasin

If Jane Clark is right, in 1851 she is at home with her father:

William Clark Widower 65 House & Land Proprietor, b. Ashover, Derbyshire
    Jane Clark Unmarried 23 b. Heage, Derbyshire

HO107; 2145; 11; 14

Address: Black Boy (parish of Heage, Derbys.)

In 1841 their address is: Near Black Boy Inn, Duffield, Heage. Same household with the addition of Ellen Slater (60).
    Last edited by Thomasin; 23-05-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: addition

Knowledgeable and helpful

Thanks to you both for the info. Looks like this might be she. The Talbot link must be further back as I feel quite confident that the source was correct. William Wood writing about the Talbots of Eyam. Maybe her birth will be listed in the parish record for Heage.

Jan1954

If that is the case, then there is an extracted baptism for a Jane CLARK on the IGI for 8th July 1827 with parents William and Jane in Heague.