Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    pattenwalsh

ok cert ordered.Delivery expected June 6th.

Mutley

Good Luck, Fingers and toes are crossed.

pattenwalsh

Birth cert for Sophia Playle arrived today.Sad to say no father's name given.

colashbury

How annoying. Dont know what to say. Seems like no where to go now does there.......

pattenwalsh

Yes I will just have to leave that side of the family as it is .

colashbury

Aye. Think that it is going to be a well kept secret forever and ever, Amen.....

Mutley

What a shame, you have given this one your best shot, I think.

If they were yours and you were of a mind then I suppose there are a few other paths within the parish records but I really think you have been more than generous. The certificates that you have given grandson are still treasures even though....

pattenwalsh

Having treated myself to a years subscription on Essex Ancestors,I decided to revisit this mystery and made a few discoveries that may help to fill in some gaps and bring those that were interested in this story up to date.
    Jeremiah Kemp married a Ruth Playl ( a Widow)12 Aug 1827 All Saints,Rettendon
    Ruth (Playl)Kemp buried 1 Aug 1839 All Saints,Rettendon age shown as 48 so birth about 1791
    A Ruth Crosby baptised 6 Apr 1788 (near enough to 1791)All Saints,Rettendon goes on to Marry a John Playl 12 Oct 1813.
    John Playl burial 21 Mar 1826 age 44.
    So the two girls that are shown as Jeremiah Kemps Daughters on the 1841 Census,Mary b.1836 & Martha b.1833 (died 2 Oct 1846)
    are most likely Jeremiah & Ruth's.
    It would seem then that maybe Frances Playle/Prail was part of John Playl's family and came to look after the girls after Ruth's death and stayed with him.

Mutley

Well done pattenwalsh, I hope grandson is still around and pleased with your new findings.
    Methinks I will have to back peddle a bit and try and remember and maybe hit the 'refresh memory' button.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456