Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    colashbury

Wouldnt send for anything. Too many name changes and dates that differ. I have been 99% sure of things before and they came back wrong, so what chance on these. Who is sure that kids are hers and not Kemps. Throughout the census reports she lives with one Kemp or another until she nears the end of her life when she lives with her, what you think of as Daughter Sophia(Munson). Personally I dont think she ever married. I think that she took on the kids as her own, or possibly had a child or two out of wedlock with Jeremiah. It is possible if you look on the 1851 census that Elizabeths was his. Maybe Sophia was the child of them both. Who knows, who will ever know.............Think if anything, Mutleys last post is worth a shot....

pattenwalsh

Yes obtaining a marriage cert for Prail/Munson is a tempting bet.The person that I'm doing this for is their Great Grandson who is 73 and, who's father was bought up by Edward Munson and Sophia as he was the illegitimate son of one of their daughter.His birth cert has been ordered so as to find out which daughter is the mother.
    I don't have to go beyond just saying that I couldn't find Fanny's husband but it sometimes becomes a bit of a detective case that you just have to solve.

colashbury

Good luck. Send for that Prail/Munson certificate. Could solve everything. Keep us informed....

pattenwalsh

Ordered today.Will let you know the result when it arrives during the week.

Mutley

Ooooh! tis exciting. I am really curious and will be waiting to know the result of this one.
    It could be a BG competition, anyone wanna bet on the name of her father?

pattenwalsh

Ah yes,but will SHE know the name of her father,
    me, I think Mr Kemp is in the frame.

colashbury

Think yer right there, I would go for Jeremia, but are we 100% on the Mother.

Mutley

That was a case of my wine over the keyboard |splat|

Poor Lass, if we are betting on who is her father AND who is her mother.... LOL!

and... does history repeat itself?

pattenwalsh

No the cert hasn't arrived but I have found Jeremiah on the 1841.He Bear Inn Lane ,Great Baddow and is enumerated as CAMP and is with Martha age 8 and Mary age 5,no wife but guess who else is also here?.........Frances Playle age 23!

colashbury

Are yer sure that they aint family.....................How do the go from Kemp to camp. Maybe its just the way they walked ha ha......
    Doesnt state an occupation for her does it...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast