Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by pattenwalsh View Post
    John Pearle is on the 1841 at Bocking b.1816.Cannot find him in 1851 but turns up in 1861 as Pearl still in Bocking with wife Sarah b.1817
    Unless he married again then where is the Francis Gaines he married in 1844? Could be a different John Pearl/e.

Do you have the birth references for Eliza and Sophia?

pattenwalsh

I have one for a Sophia Playle Dec quarter 1855 Chelmsford Vol 4a Page 110
    Haven't found one for Eliza

pattenwalsh

Ok I see now an Eliza PEARL b.Jun quarter 1846 Braintree Vol 12 page 17

Mutley

Beware though, there is also a birth for Sophia Cracknell registered in March 1855 in Linton.
    Was that not the surname from one of the possible husbands of Fanny Prail (John Cracknell) in 1846.

pattenwalsh

Thanks notanotherminer (where most of your 's in mining by any chance!) it does fit and I suppose Pearl/Prail is a possible transcription mishearing /reading error that could answer some of the problem,however I still cannot see why ,if Frances married in 1844 and has a child in 1846 , then turns up on the 1851 as unmarried unless she divorces John Pearl/Prail (unlikely) or leaves him and shacks up with Jeremiah Kemp after his wife dies? Possible I suppose,who knows.

pattenwalsh

Sophia Cracknell b.1855 is the daughter of a John and Susannah on the 1861 at High street, Linton according to the 1861 and their first child James is born 1846

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by pattenwalsh View Post
    Sophia Cracknell b.1855 is the daughter of a John and Susannah on the 1861 at High street, Linton according to the 1861 and their first child James is born 1846
    Thank Goodness for that.
    I had Frances marrying both seeing as there is a death for a John Prail in March 1845 in Halstead.
    But then he could not be the father of Eliza in June 1846.

I think you had better be kind to your friend and order a certificate, god only knows which one though.

pattenwalsh

and in modern times not a miner amongst you !

pattenwalsh

Mutley,I'll wrap it up here and think about getting a cert of some sort to satisfy my curiosity.
    Thanks all for your input.

Mutley

You are welcome. Good Luck.

Maybe the marriage certificate of Sophia Prail and Edward John Munson in Dec 1875 in Chelmsford.
    That is at least, a cert, for a dad's name.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast