karen nelson

Default probus church farm

my gggrandparents were married in probus in 1852, their residence at time of marriage was listed as probus church farm. is there anyone who may know anything about this farm?
    thank you
    karen

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Googling brings up a lot of info, not necessarily wha you want. This may be interesting.

website.lineone.net/~leadbetter/
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

MarkJ

I was in Probus this morning - but sorry, I don't know the farm mentioned. The church is right in the middle of the village, but it is a rural area and I can well imagine there was a farm close by years ago.

Have you tried looking at the 1851 and 1861 census for Probus? The Cornish censuses are freely available online via the Cornwall Online Census Project (pop it into Google or your favourite search engine!) and locating the farm may be easier.

What names are you looking for? I have taken some pictures of headstones in the churchyard - but not many, mostly just people with possible connections to my own families.
    But I do pass there fairly often (my doctors are based there), so I may be able to help.

Mark

karen nelson

have been googling most of the morning, but you are right, it is interesting, only problem i get side tracked all the time and never really find what i am looking for. i will keep trying though. the 1851 census has them living on a farm "Great Treworgie". the family i am looking for are HUDDY. thanks for all your help
    Cheers
    karen

Googlings great isn't it? almost lost myself several times. Think I'll get a bellaround my neck

Can you tell us the name of the officiating Minister on the marriage lines please? may help to find the farm. Perhaps your G.GtG'parents stayed there to be handy for the wedding?
    Happy Families
    Wendy

karen nelson

they were married at the register office in the district of truro. Certificate says before me Richard Chapman registrar
    R.M Hook? Superintendent Registrar

Sorry not to have been able to help there Karen.
    Did you check this site for other family ie children? or have you already got all that?

www.
    cornwall-opc-database.org/searchdb.php?yr=&pr=probus&forename=&surname=Huddy &father=john&mother=elizabeth&records=50&dbname=ba ptisms&formval=&Submit=Search
    Happy Families
    Wendy

karen nelson

thanks very much. i will keep looking, you never know what i'm likely to find.