Thread: Ham Brown 1873

sandy

Default Ham Brown 1873

Hi i have been looking at the 1881 census for Henry Brown born 1839 at Tetsworth Oxfordshire England and his family is it right or not but his son my be called Ham Brown born 1873 at Tetsworth Have so far not found Ham anywhere else . On the 1881 census they are living at 7 Parkers Hill Teetsworth. REF is RG 11 PIECE 1493 FOLIO 63 PAGE 12

Thank you Sandy

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

I think that you will find on the 1881 original, the name is Harry, age 8, scholar, born Tetsworth, Oxfordshire. There is a birth reg Vol 3a Page 586 in Thame Reg Dist Jun Qtr 1873 for a William Henry which is possibly his.
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

Brick wall demolition expert!

Hi Sandy,
    On the 1891 census (RG12 Piece 1160 Folio 91 Page 13 - Crown copyright), the family is still at Parkers Hill and the 17 year old son, born Tetsworth, is named Harry.

Wendy Archer

Sandy -

Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    Hi i have been looking at the 1881 census for Henry Brown born 1839 at Tetsworth Oxfordshire England and his family is it right or not but his son my be called Ham Brown born 1873 at Tetsworth Have so far not found Ham anywhere else . On the 1881 census they are living at 7 Parkers Hill Teetsworth. .
    Oxfordshire Family History Society has transcribed the Tetsworth baptism registers for that period. There's a help button on our front page, which can be used for occasional lookups, for instance. The Tetsworth transcript gives:

1873 Nov 2 BROWN Harry Henry & Sarah

Michael -

Quote Originally Posted by michaelpipe View Post
    I think that you will find on the 1881 original, the name is Harry, age 8, scholar, born Tetsworth, Oxfordshire. There is a birth reg Vol 3a Page 586 in Thame Reg Dist Jun Qtr 1873 for a William Henry which is possibly his.
    There is a separate baptism for a William Henry in the register:

1873 Jun 29 BROWN William Henry Richard & Zilpha
    Last edited by Jan1954; 12-04-2010 at 6:36 AM. Reason: Commercial url deleted - they sell CDs etc

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Archer View Post
    Michael -

There is a separate baptism for a William Henry in the register:

1873 Jun 29 BROWN William Henry Richard & Zilpha

Wendy
    Wendy, thanks for correcting that - it was a suggestion to follow up in the event of nothing else coming forward.
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree