Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaLouise View Post
    I have Albert's wedding certificate which stated that both he and his father were a wardhouseman, do you know what that is?
    Are you sure it doesn't say "warehouseman"?
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

bumblebee

Hi Amanda

Emilie (Helene) is on the pay per view site for the 1911 census which is under strict copyright so details from it cannot be posted on public forums.

If you go to the National Archives Site and go into the Catalogue, type the name Bielefeld in the 'Word or Phrase' and put HO in the 'department or series code (sounds much more trouble than it really is) press search then you will see the results come up. Click on Albert Bielefeld and you will see a highlighted phrase 'request review'. Fill in the form and take it from there.

I think what Alberts occupation is Warehouseman, which means he works in a warehouse of some sort. Perhaps the 1911 census will give you more information.

I have had a look around the bits and bobs I have access to and not found anything but perhaps someone with more experience in the French Genealogy department will be able to point you in the right direction.

Just for your future interest have a look around the London Gazette site - it is free - and you will be able to see for yourself the interesting details.

Bumblebee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12