Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Phyllisp

Smile I'm 95% sure you are my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet M View Post
    My Grandmother was Jane Robbins born in about 1875. She married my Grandfather Thomas Alfred Palfrey at the Baptisit church in Pershore on October 13th 1894. I have not got very far researching the Robbins family. I believe she had sisters called Clara, Edie, Emma and a brother called Bill who worked as a shepherd for Colonel Hudson(accoding to Auntie Clara Ballinger who was recalling the family a few years ago !)
    I am so pleased to find someone who knew my Grandparents. Thanks Dave.
    Janet
    Janet, Eileen Skidmore tried to register to tell you she knows about all the people you mention but her login doesn't work. As we are best friends I an using my login to contact you on her behalf. She's here with me dictating this. She would like you to contact her through my login in here.

Emma Robbins is her grandmother, Clara, Edie and your gran are her great aunts. If she's got the right people as you, your gran was known as Aunty Ginny and Eileen remembers visiting her as a child. She has the census record for 1881 showing Henry Robins as father was a shepherd, she has seen a photo of him in his smock with his crook and his dog, (born Throckmorton), Emma Robins as mother (born Broadway), James (who her Mom knows nothing about, born Throckmorton)), Annie (born Throckmorton), Bessie (born Throckmorton), Sarah (born Throckmorton), Jane (born on Throckmorton), Emma (born Pensham) and Ellen (known as Aunty Nell, born Pensham). Edie was the youngest so not on the 1881 census.

David Annis

Welcome Phillisp to the forum.
    My grandmother was Jane Annis (née Beard) wife of James. They lived in Priest Lane, Pershore. Jane was born in 1869 and died in Pershore in 1935.
    James was born in 1864 and died 1948.
    The Annis's first started in Pershore with Solomon Annis arriving from Alderton Gloucestershire around 1820.
    Solomon and his new wife Ann had a large family with lots of boys. His sons kept this tradition going and by the early 1900's there was a whole host of Annis families spread far and wide. Somewhere in the back of my mind your reference to "Ginny" rings a bell.
    If you would want to email me then send a private message and I will get back to you.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Phyllisp

Janet, Eileen Skidmore tried to register to tell you she knows about all the people you mention but her login doesn't work. As we are best friends I an using my login to contact you on her behalf. She's here with me dictating this. She would like you to contact her through my login in here.

Emma Robbins is her grandmother, Clara, Edie and your gran are her great aunts. If she's got the right family, your gran was known as Aunty Ginny and Eileen remembers visiting her when Eileen was a child. She has the census record for 1881 showing Henry Robins as father was a shepherd, she has seen a photo of him in his smock with his crook and his dog, (born Throckmorton), Emma Robins as mother (born Broadway), James (who her Mom knows nothing about, born Throckmorton)), Annie (born Throckmorton), Bessie (born Throckmorton), Sarah (born Throckmorton), Jane (born on Throckmorton), Emma (born Pensham) and Ellen (known as Aunty Nell, born Pensham). Edie was the youngest so not on the 1881 census.

Her family lived in The Newlands and in fact Mary Collins still lives there. She is Clara's daughter in law.

Phyllisp

Dave, Eileen doesn't think it's the same family. If your grandmother was a Beard and married an Annis she could not have been Jane Robins. Also Jane Robins was Aunty Ginny who Eileen Met. Eileen was born in 1950 so her Jane couldn't have died in 1935. Also Soloman Annis is unknown to her. Eileen's Mother is alive and 98 so her memory goes way back.

David Annis

Phillisp.
    Did this Jane Robbins have the maiden name of "Stanton".
    Jane Stanton born 1882. Pershore. Worc.
    She could also be known as Jane Lee.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Phyllisp

Default Jane Robins

Quote Originally Posted by David Annis View Post
    Phillisp.
    Did this Jane Robbins have the maiden name of "Stanton".
    Jane Stanton born 1882. Pershore. Worc.
    She could also be known as Jane Lee.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Her maiden name was Robins, her father was Henry Robins. Spelled with 1 b or 2 bs depending on which census you looking at. She married a Mr Palfrey. She was never known as Jane Lee.

Janet M

Phyllis
    That information from Eileen certainly sounds as though we are related!! I have not really researched my Grandma Palfrey's side of the family yet. But I have found the same information as you that Jane Robbins (sometimes spelt Robins) was the maiden name of my Grandma, and she was born in Throckmorton.Fancy you having a photo of my Great Grandfather in his smock, amazing!
    Thomas Alfred Palfrey married Jane Robbins and my father James Palfrey was born in the Newlands in 1913. He had 9 brothers and sisters. Does Eileen recall Tom Palfrey (married and went to live in Looe Cornwall, Jessie, Clara,(married Laddie Ballinger) Vincent, Mabel,Reg,Jack and Harry (twins) Also Ethel married Tom Barber. I know Grandad Palfrey worked as a baker in Head Street Pershore he died before I was born in 1946. Grandma Palfrey died in 1962 she lived at 29 Priest Lane in her latter years.
    Would love to hear if you have any more information on the Robbins family. My Aunty Clara recalled when she was alive that Grandad Robbins lived at Pensham and died in the 1918 flu epidemic.

cabbyray

Hi Janet, I have recently joined the forum and came across your thread regarding the Palfrey family. My Great Grandfather was Edward George Palfrey, I was not aware about the name Edwin but would be grateful for any information regarding this or any other Palfrey family mambers

Janet M

Hello Cabbray
    The Edward GPalfrey I have information about was the son of Charles and Emily Palfrey(maiden name Howse) Edward went to the Royal Duke of York military school in Dover as he was in the Grenadier Guards. He met Mary and was married in Chelsea.They had children called Eunice, Doris and Edward Charles.
    Corporal Palfrey died of wounds in the Somme on April 5th 1918.aged 29 years. His service number is 12827.
    He is buried in Gezaincourt Communal cemetry extension in France plot 1.J.10
    I have more details if you think this is your great Grandfather.

cabbyray

Hi Janet. yes this all ties up with details I have, We went to Gezaincourt cemetry many years ago to pay our Respects. My Grandmother was Eunice , she married Stan Rust and had children Barbara (my mother) Doreen and John. I have not come across the name Doris in the family but will look into this. Thanks Ray

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast