Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    andy_b

[IMG][/IMG]

I do not know if anyone can help with this. This is a photo of Percy with who we believe is his nephew named Chuck, I imagine Charles. Does anyone know Chuck. My mother remembers him coming to visit several times, I imagine during the 2nd World War.

andy_b

Do you know why William would have put down that he was a widower on the 1911 Census if he had remarried. Also was Lydia Giltname who was down as housekeeper his second wife? and if so when did she change to Lydia Reid or was that her maiden name.

pennydog

Have a read of this thread - https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...Langsford-Reid

It should answer your question.

Panthur,_USA

Yes. I am his youngest daughter.

rksailing

Are you Victoria?

rksailing

Hi Andy:
    Pennydog has done a great job finding out about Lydia. Lydia Reid is the maiden name. She married Patrick Giltnane in 1896 and had 5 children (Lydia, Patrick, Michael, John & Jim). From family stories she ran away from her family and moved in with William Henry as the housekeeper. Either her marriage was abysmal, or she did something unfathomable for that period of time to leave five children. Her first child with William Henry was born Emengard (Marjorie) in 1903, from what Pennydog has found out Hope did not pass away until 1905 in Edmonton. Lydia's second child (Walter Ronald) was not born until 1906. My cousin has just obtained the marriage certificate and she is the one who does not use a computer. I will e-mail another of my cousins and see what she knows. I have some pictures, I just have to fingure out how to post them.

rksailing

How do I add a photo?

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by rksailing View Post
    How do I add a photo?
    Have a read of this.

Panthur,_USA

I was wondering if you wanted to talk.

Panthur,_USA

I go by Tory, but yes

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast