Starting to feel at home

Default MacFeggan, Macfagen etc

I have noted during my research that there are families of this name dotted in and around England. My particular branch originate from Dumfries Scotland and settled in Stockport and Liverpool areas. What I am trying to work out is whether they have the same origins. I would love to hear from anyone who has links with this family

regards
    Linda

Forfarian

Default MacFeggan

William MacFeggan, born 1820 at Colvend, Kirkcudbrightshire, son of John MacFeggan and Elizabeth Blair, married a distant relative of mine, Jeanetta Sang, in Darlington in 1847. I have some information about descendants and would be pleased to have any further information about them.

MythicalMarian

Have we ever been in touch in the past, Linda? My Alice Small of Cheadle married a James MacFeggan/MacFagan in 1866 and had several children. The couple moved out to Chorlton-on-Medlock where James died in 1874. PM me if this is the family you're looking for. Eldest son was William Alexander MacFeggan, born 1866 who married Martha Marshall in Stockport 1887, producing 10 offspring.

James MacFeggan was born about 1840 but only gives his birthplace as 'Scotland' on the 1871 census. I haven't tried to trace his origins, as he's a spouse who married in, but I wonder if he is from your Dumfries MacFeggans?