Colin Moretti

Question Cadwell/Middleton, 1841, 1851 census

My gg grandfather, David CADWELL, married Emily MIDDLETON on 5 June 1848 in Buckden, Huntingdonshire. David was born about 1829 in (probably) Great Paxton or (possibly) Caxton and Emily in about 1825 in Buckden. Their first daughter, Elizabeth, was born in 1849 and they were living in Great Paxton in 1851 when their 2nd daughter (Martha) was born; by 1853 had moved to Marylebone in London for my g grandmother’s birth. At the time of his marriage David was a blacksmith, like his father John. Emily’s father Samuel was a gardener.

Does anyone have any knowledge of or interest in the Cadwells or Middletons?

Can anyone look them up in the 1841 and 1851 censuses?

Many thanks

Colin

Betty Willson

Default Cadwell/Middleton1841,1851 census

To Colin Moretti, No doubt this is a worthless bit of information but my g. grandfather's sister, Anne Maria Stanbrough of Isleworth, Middlesex, born 15 June 1811, married Edward Chatterton Middleton 24 June 1834. Betty Willson

Colin Moretti

Smile Nothing is worthless

Hello Betty

I suppose that they're almost certainly not related, at least within a sensible timescale, unless Edward came from Buckden, .... but one never knows!

Colin

Betty Willson

Default Cadwell/Middleton

To Colin Moretti, Edward Chatterton Middleton Esq. was of the Parish of Louchborough in county of Leicester. I live in Australia so have no idea where Buckden is. Today I have been searching through the records of Mary Magdalen Church at Richmond Surrey and there were a lot of Middletons there in the early 1700's. I viewed the tape at the LDS Centre near where I live. I was looking for Nelhams not Middletons but couldn't help noticing the Middletons as some only had only one "d" in their name. Betty

Colin Moretti

Default Where is Buckden?

Hello Betty

I had no idea, either, until I discovered that one of my ancestors came from the village.

Its on the A1, the main road to the north of England from London, a few miles south of Huntingdon. In UK terms it's a long way from Richmond in Surrey and from Loughborough in Leicestershire.

Colin