Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Havant PRs

sueannbowen

Default Havant PRs

I am looking for a marriage between Thomas Boxall and Edy (Edith) Mills in Havant in 1727. IGI has an entry submitted by a member of the LDS which I need to verify. I have traced their children's baptisms in Singleton in Sussex but was unable to find their marriage there. The only likely candidates are these two in Havant and from Google it doesn't seem far away.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have looked at the Parish chest records but unless I am missing something Havant isn't among the transcriptions on offer.

Geoffers

Clutching at straws.............Are there any online transcriptions for Havant on knightroots.co.uk?......or freereg?

sueannbowen

thanks Geoffers - I looked at knightroots but forgot Freereg - silly moo. will do that now.

Loves to help with queries

Try googling Staunton Park Genealogy Centre - then CDs available
    burt

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by burt View Post
    Try googling Staunton Park Genealogy Centre - then CDs available
    burt
    Ah - thanks Burt. They didn't show up on freereg unfortunately.

ronniem

Quote Originally Posted by sueannbowen View Post
    I am looking for a marriage between Thomas Boxall and Edy (Edith) Mills in Havant in 1727. IGI has an entry submitted by a member of the LDS which I need to verify. I have traced their children's baptisms in Singleton in Sussex but was unable to find their marriage there. The only likely candidates are these two in Havant and from Google it doesn't seem far away.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have looked at the Parish chest records but unless I am missing something Havant isn't among the transcriptions on offer.
    The marriage you are looking for is 11 Jun 1727 Havant, Hampshire; I have further details for this family tree if you are interested.

BOXALL (and variants) is my registered One name Study with the Guild of One Name Studies.
    Kindest regards
    Ronnie

sueannbowen

Quote Originally Posted by ronniem View Post
    The marriage you are looking for is 11 Jun 1727 Havant, Hampshire; I have further details for this family tree if you are interested.

BOXALL (and variants) is my registered One name Study with the Guild of One Name Studies.
    Kindest regards
    Ronnie
    Ooo - I am much interested Ronnie. I have their daughter Bridget in my tree. Since I only had the one hint of Havant I haven't pursued that yet.. I left them for more easier ones at the moment! I will PM you my email address.

ronniem

Thomas BOXALL m. Edith Mills 11 June 1727 Havant, the details say he was from Singleton, Sussex, and Edith was from Havant. I'm afraid I haven't seen the records but this was passed to me from one of my contacts who had the banns and seen the register. They had all their children in Singleton, Sussex. Thomas was bpt. 2 June 1700 s/o Thomas BOXALL and Elizabeth BRIGGS. Very little of Hampshire is transcribed beyond 1837. If you check this site: https://www.knightroots.co.uk/ They are willing to do searches for you, I have no idea of what their rates are. At this point in time they do not have any Havant marriages listed.

I would be interested in your connection to this family as there is a possibility that my BOXALL's could be part of the Lodsworth, Sussex BOXALL family.
    Kindest regards
    Ronnie
    BOXALL (and variants) One Name Study World Wide
    Registered with the Guild of One Name Studies.

sueannbowen

Hi Ronnie,

Sorry to have taken time to respond to this - we have been on holiday and only got back last night. You very kindly sent me this information a couple of years ago and I emailed you some army records for Lawrence James Boxall held by the Sussex Record Office. Do let me know if you didn't get them and I could resend (you were poorly at the time).

Thanks again.

ronniem

Hi Ronnie,

Sorry to have taken time to respond to this - we have been on holiday and only got back last night. You very kindly sent me this information a couple of years ago and I emailed you some army records for Lawrence James Boxall held by the Sussex Record Office. Do let me know if you didn't get them and I could resend (you were poorly at the time).

Thanks again.
    Hi Sue;
    Thanks for your reply. It looks like I either didn't get them or they got caught in my computer crash a while back, can you send the details again? Did you manage to get confirmation on the marriage in Havant?

Kindest regards
    Ronnie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast