Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ET in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    My Grandmother died in Australia. Her husband moved back to England and died in 1977. Each of his Solicitors received personal bequests for services rendered upon his death in 1977.

Their names wre:
    Raymonfd Ballam and
    Lewis Comben.
    Solicitors names should read:
    Raymond Bollam & Stephen Lewis Comben. Firm was Hollowell & Bollam.
    ET

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by ET in the USA View Post
    Solicitors names should read:
    Raymond Bollam & Stephen Lewis Comben. Firm was Hollowell & Bollam.
    ET
    Have found that the 2 solicitors are/were as of 1995 associated with another fim. Have successfully made contact with Law Society of England and Wales and am awaiting their response on how I can proceed to resolve this matter.

I'll keep you guys in the loop as things progress.

CDolin

Colin Rowledge

Have found that the 2 solicitors are/were as of 1995 associated with another fim. Have successfully made contact with Law Society of England and Wales and am awaiting their response on how I can proceed to resolve this matter.

I'll keep you guys in the loop as things progress.

CDolin
    Well, as promised, I said I'd keep you guys in the loop.

Contacted Law Society of England and Wales, but no response as yet.

Found the web-site of the firm that they were associated with in 1995 and is still in business. The head of the dept. that they were working in has been associated with the firm since 1970's so should know of these 2 persons. Have sent an email to him, but also no response as yet.

The deceased person was an avid photographer and spent close to 20years in Australia prior to moving back to Weymoth, Dorset. Amongst his personal effects would be letters between him and his siblings which might shed some light on prior happenings within his family. He was the sole beneficiary of the estate of both parents who died in the 1930's [rather than his elder brother which is somewhat unusual.]

Part of his estate included a residence. Under the terms of the Will, it reads as follows - "While my sister name M. J. F. remains alive and desires to remain in said premises". The sister died in 1983. I presume that after her death, the property reverted back to the estate.

What happened to the property after her death? A search of Land Rgistry or Property Register or some such documentation would track ownership, but being in Canada I don't know the protocol to follow.

Can someone suggest where to look or do some searching for me? The addresss was 9 Cedar Drive, Preston, Weymouth, Dorset

Thanks for any help

Colin

salcat

The Land registry has a website at landregistry.gov.uk/ (add www.), which you can search. Click on the green tab "find a property" at the top of the home page, and you can search by postcode.

The postcode for the property in Weymouth is DT3 6DT

There is something there, but it looks as though it will cost you a couple of quid to see it.

Hope this helps

Sally

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by salcat View Post
    The Land registry has a website at landregistry.gov.uk/ (add www.), which you can search. Click on the green tab "find a property" at the top of the home page, and you can search by postcode.

The postcode for the property in Weymouth is DT3 6DT

There is something there, but it looks as though it will cost you a couple of quid to see it.

Hope this helps

Sally
    Hi Sally
    Found the site and the property, and the cost for the title is 4 quid. When I went to set up the account to buy the document, it rejected my Post Code even though I indicated my residence was in Canada. Sent an email for help and patiently waiting.

Would it be a liberty to ask you for assistance and I'll send a M-O?

Colin

salcat

sent a pm

Colin Rowledge

Thanks and have replied

Colin Rowledge

Now, thanks to Salcat, I have the title to the residence. What I would now like to do is trace it back to when it may have been sold to settle the Estate. Who were the 'sellers' to the current owners?

Ideas/suggestions welcome.

Colin

legallass

Default Solicitors

My Grandmother died in Australia. Her husband moved back to England and died in 1977. Each of his Solicitors received personal bequests for services rendered upon his death in 1977.

Their names wre:
    Raymonfd Ballam and
    Lewis Comben.

Can anyone tell me if they're still alive and/or the name of the firm they worked for? If still in business, a contact address for today would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Colin
    Depends what info you are wanting. If you are able to trace them from the Law Society that firm or its successiiors should still have the file of papers from administering the estate. You could also try the Probate Registry. Again, I'd say try the Law Society, they are usually quite helpful.

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by legallass View Post
    Depends what info you are wanting. If you are able to trace them from the Law Society that firm or its successiiors should still have the file of papers from administering the estate. You could also try the Probate Registry. Again, I'd say try the Law Society, they are usually quite helpful.
    Have conntacted the Law Society - no response yet and the last known firm they worked for - also no response.

Have found the title to the property and the current owners. Now looking to trace back various possible sales to find out when it was sold and who handled the sales.

Colin

I have a copy of the Will and Letter of Administration, so could the Probate Officer in Winchester help?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast