After receiving the death cert for my great Uncle Edwin Butler, I find he died in 1987 in Sykefield house nursing home in Leicester.
I emailed the home & received a lovely reply from the owner,but he had only been the owner for 3 years & there were no records left of Edwin nor any staff still working their, I thought this was about as far as I could go with this,until in an idle moment (waiting for brit-gen members to wake up & post something for me to read) I had a look at the uk white pages,
I put in the name & address of the woman who was the informant on the death cert,there was 1 entry,same last name,same initials,not living at the same address but living on the same road as Sykefield house, I thought it was to good to be true that I had found the right person,but for the price of a stamp,thought it was worth a letter,
I received a reply today , I do have the right person,she does remember Edwin (who she knew as Ted) & she has a couple of friends who also worked at Sykefield & who remember him, they are all going to put their recollections together & write back to me, I was thrilled to bits, what where the odds ,when I wrote the letter, I had found the right person.