drowning

Post Hugh Crabtree Convict to Australia

Still chasing my wonderfully interesting Crabtree Family
    Hugh was convicted as a Rebel in the 1798 Uprising in Carlow. He lived in Kilcullen County Kildare. He left Cork per the Anne 1 in 1800 and in 1801 arrived at Port Jackson. He was given a conditional pardon in 1804 although he had been sentenced for Life. He farmed on the Parramatta River. He married in Australia to a woman named Wilson who was also convicted out of county Armagh - what she did I know not. What I am desperately trying to trace are his children left behind in Ireland. I believe that his eldest Francis born 1783 married in Dublin and I believe his youngest Mary Crabtree born 1797 married in Kildare and am awaiting her marriage certificate. It is the other children I am trying to find viz:
    John Crabtree born 1787
    James Crabtree born 1789
    Margaret Crabtree born 1793
    Hugh Crabtree born 1797.
    If they left Ireland they may just appear in the 1843 Census.
    Sadly I can find no further record for John James Margaret or Hugh on any site in Ireland and I have exhausted every record. Behind him Hugh Snr left a wife Margaret Bagnor. I can find no record of their marriage and can only find one link to a Bagnor in Kildare. Any help on my lovely family would be absolutely wonderful. They may have gone to US or Australia or Canada but I have searched the world and cannot find any of these darlings.
    Anyone who might have access to any records and might have a quick look for these lovelies I would be very appreciative.
    Thank you - you have been so helpful in the past.
    Best wishes

Hugh Thompson

Hi Drowning, the only Crabtrees getting married that I can find in the NSW BDM's between 1790 and 1850 are
    John Crabtree & Jane Quinn married 1849 at St John's Church of England Parramatta,
    and Isaac Crabtree & Caroline Buejot married 1837 at St James' Church of England Sydney.
    Also Elizabeth Crabtree & William Beal married 1826 at St John's Church of England Parramatta,
    and Ann Crabtree & James Kirkwood married 1849 at the Presbyterian church Kangaroo Point, Moreton Bay,
    (now in Queensland.)
    Hugh.

drowning

Default Hugh Crabtree

Thank you for your help. I do have these marriages but I doubt they are related. I am trying to find if any of the children went to UK and show up int he 1841 Census. I appreciate your help.

Nannas

Hiya,
    Maybe the mother Margaret remarried (as some the children were still very young) and the children used the new hubby's name??
    Just an idea,,
    Nannas

drowning

Thank you for information I will puruse as I am desperate to find out what happened to Hugh and his family.