Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bonsaitron

Thankyou all so much, i am convinced this is the family I was looking for, i knew that William had emigrated . I found a marriage for him to a Susan MIlls in 1859, in Newcastle NSW and my Edwin definatley had sisters called Mary Jane and Ellen. Edwins father was a butcher so it would follow that he would be too, the elder brother Thomas Eastmaid Trenerry stayed behind in Cornwall but it looks like the rest of the family upped sticks and emigrated to Australia. If Edwin died in 1862 he would still have been relatively young, I was looking for a possible connection to an Edwin trenerry who funded property development in Collingwood , Melbourne in the 1870's but it now looks as though this wasnt him , unless he married and had descendants by that name.

Thankyou all so much for your quick and helpful reponses , it gives me a whole new avenue to explore as well as tieing up some loose ends.

Hugh Thompson

Hi Bonsaitron, there is this marriage which might be Mary's 'tho I'm not too sure with her being CoE.
    Hugh.
    Marriages NSW BDM.
    V1856124 86/1856 Brown Frederick Trenerry Mary J
    Wesleyan Methodist Field of Mars, Parramatta NSW.

Nannas

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaitron View Post
    Thankyou all so much, i am convinced this is the family I was looking for, i knew that William had emigrated . I found a marriage for him to a Susan MIlls in 1859, in Newcastle NSW and my Edwin definatley had sisters called Mary Jane and Ellen. Edwins father was a butcher so it would follow that he would be too, the elder brother Thomas Eastmaid Trenerry stayed behind in Cornwall but it looks like the rest of the family upped sticks and emigrated to Australia. If Edwin died in 1862 he would still have been relatively young, I was looking for a possible connection to an Edwin trenerry who funded property development in Collingwood , Melbourne in the 1870's but it now looks as though this wasnt him , unless he married and had descendants by that name.

Thankyou all so much for your quick and helpful reponses , it gives me a whole new avenue to explore as well as tieing up some loose ends.
    Hold on,,,I think the Edwin T death is William and Susans son born 1861 and NOT the Edwin from Cornwall...
    I'll see if I can find another death in VIC or NSW for Edwin from Cornwall.

Nannas

Nannas

OK,
    I am sure your guy died in VIC..
    There is a will dated 29 JULY 1880 for an Edwin TRENERRY that is commited to D ABBOTT and F T BROWN (Frederick BROWN ?? maybe Mary's husband??)
    You can view the will on PROV..
    proarchives.imagineering.com.au/index_search.asp?searchid=54 (https://)

OH,,I have a few notices (4) about him and his partnerships,,so if you think it is him let me know..
    Nannas

TrenerryWillard

Default Argus Death notice link

This link to the Argus links it all together - shows Edwin as deceased and lists all the sons of Willam Martin.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/6240211

Gimbleinthewabe

Default Edwin Trenerry born 1836 in cornwall

Edwin Trenerry was brother of Mary Jane Brown (nee Trenerry) B25-03-1851 and child married to Frederick Brown the son of John Goldfinch Brown. Mary Jane Brown had a son Frederick Trenerry Brown only surviving child of 9, B15-12-1856 who then married Elizabeth Eales B0-0-1859.

vi wikapedia:"in 1878 Edwin Trenerry, a Cornwall-based property developer, purchased a large portion of Dight�s Paddock for his nephew Fredrick Trenerry Brown..."

Dight's Paddock in Collingwood was later named Victoria Park and left to the people of Melbourne following his death, details unclear but it may have involved an arrangement for street building around the Collingwood area.

As far as I am aware Edwin Trenerry had no children.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12