Fiona67

Default Born Kingston, Jamaica

Hi
    I am looking for some help. The 1861 British Census indicates that Charles Cerrino b 1811 (Charles Cervino in the census) was born in Kingston, Jamaica. He was a sailor (the 1841 census says he was born in a foreign country). He arrived in England at some point and married Ann. I am looking for confirmation that he was born in Kingston.....can someone help me

Regards
    Fiona

Marie C..

If he gave Kingston Jamaica as his birthplace there is no reason to suppose he was not born there.
    My grandfather was also born there as his father was in the army and was baptised in the Barracks chapel. You will need to look for a baptism there since it was before registration.
    Marie

Fiona67

Hi Marie
    Thank you......how would I fould I find that info......I'm in Australia

Fiona

Marie C..

If you google you can find lots of interesting stuff.
    Google jamaicanfamilysearch.com The owner of this site is transcribing churches in Jamaica including Kingston records from 1798. You have to pay a small fee.
    There is also an interesting Hall family site and a book about it to read on line.
    There is also a Kingston LDS film mentioned in the Hall site.
    Marie

Geoffers

There are two threads covering the same person - both trying to find information about him - and I can see this causing problems of duplication of effort.
    The other thread can be found here:
    The census says sailor and contains additional information.

To avoid confusion I shall close this thread.