bguser

Smile The ANSTEY family of Poole, Dorset

Hi,

I am looking for information about the descendents of James Anstey born Poole in about 1740.

He emigrated to Canada and his son Thomas was born in about 1770 in Twillingate, Newfoundland.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Best wishes

bguser

mike (toronto)

I wonder if you ever got any further with finding the information?I have been researching my wife's family (in Newfoundland). Her grandmother was an Emma Anstey. I do have information which shows Emma to be descended from Thomas Anstey of Twillingate born around 1769 and died 17 Sept 1846. I am interested in confirming the connection to James of Poole. Please let me know how I can help your research.
    Regards,
    Mike

gratescove

There are several Anstey wills on Ancestry in the Dorset wills collection. Look for the will of William White of Wimborne Minster dated 1765 - he leaves his property in Twillingate to Charles Anstey and his sons. This seems to be how they came to own the property in Twillingate. Charles Anstey, Bricklayer's will is dated Sept 21 1767.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

There is a private tree on Ancestry with details for contacting the Lady who owns it, may be helpful to do so.
    Has James Anstey b. 1743 Poole.

If you know where James lived/died perhaps a search of cemeteries will give spouses name to confirm connecton or not.

https://ngb.chebucto.org/Cemetery/1twil-cem-idx.shtml

Several Anstey names in Upper Emtree, including a Mary with no age-date etc,.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.