Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home N@alie's Avatar

Question Where did the Blogs go?

Just finished inputting our Company's budget for the next year and made myself a coffee planning to sit down and take a break and read through the Blogs, which I had previously glanced at... but I can't find them I am sure there was a link somewhere on the top left hand side of the Navigation bar, but is not there now. Have the Blogs gone for good now?

Famous for offering help & advice sue2white's Avatar

Bo did say they wouldn't stay, but I must admit, I enjoyed them too.

Sue

Reputation beyond repute

That's a pity. They could have been useful, if used properly.

Marie C..

Oh dear! What about Sunday tea?

Starting to feel at home N@alie's Avatar

Oh, that's a shame, they did look as if they would be interesting.

Thanks for letting me know, at least I know I am not losing my marbles (well not this time anyway....)

I have said on another thread that at the moment everything is transitory so they might be back, they might be limited to a few people who really have something to blog about or they might be gone for good. There are several other good blogging sites but the content of course depends on who is writing and what they are writing about. In my experience - and I have several blogs - the content is mostly trivia. Sometimes it is focussed trivia but mostly it is just trivial trivia.
    As all websites demand bandwidth and this is costly I don't think we should be too surprised if the blog section does not reappear. It is not an essential part of the forum and as we have not had it before we won't miss it.

Just my four pennorth
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Marie C..

No second cup of tea then,Ladkyis?
    Family stories are very interesting as there always seems to be some truth at the heart of them.
    No ! not an essential part of the forum, agreed, but an interesting introduction to Blog for those of us who weren't familiar with them. On here we learn something new every day.

Famous for offering help & advice sue2white's Avatar

Whoopee!!

I did enjoy reading them....brought back my memories too.

Sue

One problem was that newcomers had begun to post family history queries on the blog site instead of the forum, and the Mods didn't seem to have a way of transferring them. As Pam has said, we need to sort out the niggles on the main forum first and all of us, Moderators included, need to get used to the new set-up. In the mean time there is nothing to stop people posting "blog type" family history stories on the open forum - they can always be transferred later should the blogs re-appear.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Peter_uk_can

I agree with Sue M. There are enough places to post Family History "stuff". What will be next, messages in a bottle ??

Better that this web facility (i.e BGF), do less things really, really well; rather than many things poorly.
    Last edited by Peter_uk_can; 02-02-2010 at 1:23 PM. Reason: scattered a few, and ;'s until it looked as if I knew what punctuation was

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast