Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    bidston

Default searching for grandfather

hi everyone

hoping to find my grandfather, name could be robert henry girling or turner, he was a landscape artist, my father would not talk of him so i presume he abandoned the family, i don't really know, found a robert henry girling in gores directory i think years ago living in about 1934 in larch lea, liverpool, down as a painter, anybody have a directory they could look up, any help appreciated

Procat

Hi,

Have you got your fathers birth certificate? It will give you the name of his father and mother and away you go.

I presume it was a U.K. birth?

bidston

sadly i am living abroad so don't have anything with me, i only know he was born in liverpool july 4 1912

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi,

There is an entry in the Births Index which may be your man. It's the only entry for Girling in Lancashire in 1912

Albert H Girling Sep Qtr 1912 West Derby vol 8b page 1214 Mother's maiden name Jones

Emeltee

bidston

hi, yes, that's him, are there no details of father, is that unusual, thank you

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by bidston View Post
    hi, yes, that's him, are there no details of father, is that unusual, thank you
    Not at all. It is just the way the indexes have been done.

With the information provided by Emeltee you can purchase his birth certificate online from the GRO.

A fountain of knowledge

on www.lancashirebmd.org.uk
    1912 GIRLING ALBERT H West Derby Eastern Liverpool WDE/38/85 ....
    I live in this Register area.( I`m in Garston)
    if he was quite well known as an artist join this free site and ask about him on there...it`s a site all about Liverpool and its people..
    www.yoliverpool.com ....good luck...as I`m local to your grandads birthplace ,if you think I can help in any way just PM me...happy to help..allan

A fountain of knowledge

on freebmd it gives Albert H Girling mothers maiden name is Jones....do you know her christian name by any chance ??...allan

bidston

hi allan, i think her name was ann or mary, bit of a common name unfortunately

bidston

hi allan, looked at the liverpool site you advised but it looks all new stuff, what forum do you thunk i should put it in, cheers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast