Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smilies

junedye64

Default Smilies

This will probably sound stupid to you lot, but how do I insert a smilie into a message.

I know what they are and why they are used, but can't work out how to use them.

Please HELP

Mutley

When you click on Reply to a post and reach the screen to type into, look down to your right, You will see a button called Go Advanced, click on that and to the right of the screen are a load of smilies to choose from.

As you type your message, click on whichever one takes your fancy.

pennydog

Smile Smilies

You just click on the one you want to use and it will go to where your curser is. They appear in your text as colons, brackets etc or words, but miraculously turn into proper smilies once you post!! Have a go it is easy.

We dogs post alike
    Last edited by pennydog; 30-01-2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Mutley beat me to it

junedye64

When the screen comes up to type the reply into, the smilies are at the bottom where it says Post icons. When I click on one it inserts it at the end of the title.

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by junedye64 View Post
    When the screen comes up to type the reply into, the smilies are at the bottom where it says Post icons. When I click on one it inserts it at the end of the title.
    You are looking down to the POST ICONS, instead look to your right where the smilies are.
    If they are not there it seems as if you have not chosen to have smiles operable.

Underneath the last post (before you click +reply to thread) look down, you should see a box titled Posting Permissions. Does it say Smiles are On or Off?

P.S.Don't worry, nothing is stupid, especially not being able to give me a

junedye64

Mutley

In the posting permissions box, it says smilies are on but when I get the screen up to type my message there are no smilies to the right of it.
    I think I need a hug right now.

June

Mutley

Here is your hug for now , give me a minute and I will go look and see what I can do.

Mutley

I have tried to change your settings but I don't know if it has worked (I knew how to do it before but the new forum is different for me too).

If you look right at the top of the screen, as far as you can go, just before the log out link is one that says settings. In there it should now say that you have show images ticked and that you have a black dot in the circle beside Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

If that is right, try the Go Advanced button again to reply and give me that hug.

junedye64

Mutley

Show images isn't ticked and enhanced interface thingy hasn't got a black dot in it so hooray, I'm not stupid.

I must go to bed now. I'll try again tomorrow. I WILL give you a hug.

Thanks for being patient

June

Mutley

Both those need to have tick or dot so we try again tomorrow.
    I must off to bed too, been a long day.
    I will get that hug for sure tomorrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast