Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    janbooth

Default William SIBTHORPE

Oh well spotted Mutley!! I think the address is actually 13 Hale Street which is the home address he was discharged to. It looks as if he married Mary Ann BANKS who was a widow on 24 Dec 1918 at Greenwich and she already had 3 children Mary Ann Susan BANKS bap 4 August 1907, Stephen BANKS born 14 March 1914 and Mary Ann BANKS born 10 ? 1916.

Janet

Joc_42

Mutley, yes that is my ggf and we do have those records thank you, I appreciate the assistance. Any further help would be great.

Janet I don't how you have found these I have looked and looked for over 2 yrs.

James Smedley was a witness at maryann and williams wedding we always wondered how he fitted in now we know!! so that harriet is def on of ours !! A breakthrough I think??? So looks as If Harriet sibthorpe was poss william;s sister??? He also called his daughter harriet.

We wasn't aware of the 3 coopers lane address but that has come up twice now with Lizzy(BGmem) finding a 1881 census entry for Thomas Tibthorpe - (mis-transcribed??)

Thank you so much again

Jo

Joc_42

Janet - Steven is a new one we thought there was a sophia around that time twins maybe?

Lizzy9

Quote Originally Posted by Joc_42 View Post

James Smedley was a witness at maryann and williams wedding we always wondered how he fitted in now we know!! so that harriet is def on of ours !! A breakthrough I think??? So looks as If Harriet sibthorpe was poss william;s sister??? He also called his daughter harriet.
    We wasn't aware of the 3 coopers lane address but that has come up twice now with Lizzy(BGmem) finding a 1881 census entry for Thomas Tibthorpe - (mis-transcribed??) Jo
    Hi Jo, it's Copperas Lane. The family I found for you in the census were living at 3, Copperas Lane so must be the same clan!!?

I found the two baptisms also, but didn't post as I wasn't sure at that point if they were yours. There was also a third one I found - I'll go look now and post it in a bit.

Lizzy9

Marriage 8th July 1894 , St Paul, Deptford.

Emma Sibthorpe age 21 spinster, father Thomas Sibthorpe (Coal Porter)
    Michael Connor age 21, bachelor (gen. dealer) father Patrick Connor (Labourer)
    Both gave residence as 45, Bronze St.
    Witnesses: Robert W Pagett and Mary Ann Pagett.
    Emma signed, Michael left his mark

Lizzy9

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy9 View Post

I found the two baptisms also, but didn't post as I wasn't sure at that point if they were yours. .
    Sorry, I meant I found the two marriages

Lizzy9

I wonder if this is Thomas' (William's father) marriage ?

Aug 30th 1869 St Paul, Deptford

Thomas Sibthorpe, full age, bachelor of this parish, father: Thomas Sibthorpe (Labourer)
    Emma Goodey a minor, spinster of this parish, father: George Goodey (Labourer)
    Witnesses: Joseph and Charlotte Thompson.
    Thomas signed, Emma left her mark, both witnesses left their mark

Lizzy9

I'm making a bit of a pig's ear of this thread, sorry , I've just noticed I've duplicated the Connor/Sibthorpe marriage already posted by Jan.

Another Sibthorp(e) marriage, at St Paul Deptford.

June 24th 1912

Eliza Sibthorpe 19 spinster, 29, Crossfield Street, Thomas Sibthorpe (Dock Labourer) was entered as father, but has been crossed out?
    Henry Thomas Dickman (Labourer) 27 bachelor, same address as Eliza, father: Harry Dickman (Labourer)
    Witnesses: Charlotte Ann (looks like) Targett and John Dawson.
    Bride, groom and witnesses all signed.

Lizzy9

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy9 View Post
    I wonder if this is Thomas' (William's father) marriage ?

Aug 30th 1869 St Paul, Deptford

Thomas Sibthorpe, full age, bachelor of this parish, father: Thomas Sibthorpe (Labourer)
    Emma Goodey a minor, spinster of this parish, father: George Goodey (Labourer)
    Witnesses: Joseph and Charlotte Thompson.
    Thomas signed, Emma left her mark, both witnesses left their mark
    A marriage from igi. This couple could be the witnesses at Thomas and Emma's wedding.
    Joseph Thomas Thompson to Charlotte Sibthorp, 14/8/1865, St Paul Deptford

Joc_42

Excellent Lizzy Thx, going to see my mum tomorrow to try and put all this info together and try and make some sense and order out of it.

If you happen to find anymore pls feel free to pass it on

Many Thanks

Jo

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast